Cistern Siphon (aka Intake Manifold)

teabo

Right piece but wrong shape. It's almost certainly not going to be something that is sold new.

Wow, I feel a bit guilty. I actually have people half way around the world taking photographs of the inside of their cans for us.

Thanks for the photo but....

Posted Image

...these aren't the toilets we're looking for. Move along.

I think we all need to get on the same page about what to do with one of these things when its found.

1) it will likely be a one-off. These aren't going to be sitting in stock at a plumbing store so its not reasonable to expect there to be enough for even a few people to have an original. The correct one will have spent the past 4 decades in a toilet tank.

2) while it will be up to whomever finds it, it really should be molded by an experienced prop maker and not just slapped onto someones pack without doing so first.

3) We need to not get into a feeding frenzy of "I want it" instead we need someone who has the facilities to cast it in silicone and resin or roto-cast it to volunteer to copy it and return it to the owner so everyone can have access to an accurate replica.

Just some thoughts, of course we haven't even found it yet. The MEPD brass will "pay a visit" to the first dope to get one and just stick it to their pack without cooperating with the replication plan.

100% agreed.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right piece but wrong shape. It's almost certainly not going to be something that is sold new.

Wow, I feel a bit guilty. I actually have people half way around the world taking photographs of the inside of their cans for me.

Thanks for the photo but....

Posted Image

...nope, that's not it.

when I see a picture like that, I chuckle a bit... thinking about stories of jokers pulling an "Upper-Decker".

Dear Rocko,

Sounds good to me! Maybe you (the Moderator) should start the list according to the responses to this thread?

thanks,

jack

hey jack, i was just joking!

i think seth is right, anyone who might be the lucky one to find the real part should find a way to offer it to all sandtroopers out here!

may he cast it himself or just let someone else make a cast of it!

i didn´t want to sound harshly! sorry bro!

FYI - if anyone does find it, I can cast it just fine. I'd even spring for the finest silicons, etc. would probably be best made in Flexfoam for weight. Fiberglass or resin of something that size would be heavy.

Mike -

that sounds cool - flex foam - Resin would be way too heavy. Boy I hope someone turns one up so you can make a mold of it.

This might sound like a stupid question but why is it only possible to find this part in the U.K. - I understand it will not be found in the USA but maybe it was used in toilets in other European countries - France, Germany, Italy?

thanks,

jack

i´m sure there must be a forum for toilet parts somewhere on the WWW.

there is a forum for anything, why not for those things...

i´ll take a closer look here in germany!

getting closer and closer...

the part actually looks almost like the screenused except for the convex shaped part right over the round part...

don´t stop... keep them coming!

getting closer and closer...

the part actually looks almost like the screenused except for the convex shaped part right over the round part...

Which part? The blue piece or the little piece on the 'stacker'?

FYI - if anyone does find it, I can cast it just fine. I'd even spring for the finest silicons, etc. would probably be best made in Flexfoam for weight. Fiberglass or resin of something that size would be heavy.

On top of that I'm willing to cover shipping round trip to get the part to Mike and home. Plus I'll buy two replicas for the owner of the original who allows their piece to be cast.

It's very hard to see what's exactly going on in the picture by TK-459 -To me it looks as if the lower diaphram on the right side is missing the ribbs that go around it and the tube on the left does not seem to get larger as it goes down. But both of those problems could be because of the photograph angle and DPI and not because the part is actually missing the ribbs or any other has any other problem.

Thanks,

jack v.

I'm pretty sure you are right. I don't see the ribs either; it looks like a smooth part. That is just the closest one I have seen yet, which did end up being made by Armitage Shanks. I'm speculating that the one we are looking for is a subtle variation from around the same time as that part.

On top of that I'm willing to cover shipping round trip to get the part to Mike and home. Plus I'll buy two replicas for the owner of the original who allows their piece to be cast.

Mike, Seth if i can find one close enough i'll happily ship it over to you guys to do your magic

Guess what i've been doing all weekend

Will post up the results on Sunday evening, fingers crossed i find something at least close or maybe a lead

Si

I'll e-mail these guys too, prob same company but two emails wont do any harm

http://www.discontinuedbathrooms.co.uk/

I emailed them with three really good pictures.

(EDIT: I changed this threads title to keep some consistency, since we've pretty much identified it as a cistern, I don't think there is any need to refer to it as a fictionally functional item, aka intake manifold.)

ahahahahaha I'm loving the Bathroom Geekiness

On a different note, if anyone is looking for the domed lids to the bottles here you go:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...23845&rd=1&rd=1

I'm getting my T-21 this Thursday I CAN'T WAIT I'm gonna post pictures and make you guys all weep

On a different note, if anyone is looking for the domed lids to the bottles here you go:

Yeap, good-ol' Jello bowls. We were buying the crap out of them last year before I made a more accurate sculpt. They work, but they're under sized and not the exact shape.

I'm getting my T-21 this Thursday I CAN'T WAIT I'm gonna post pictures and make you guys all weep

Rach you Jammy thing!!! lol

I want one

Where are you getting it from (if you can say that is)