Cistern Siphon (aka Intake Manifold)

teabo

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just think... I've been spending all my spare time making replica toilet parts. Next time someone asks me, what do I do, I'm going to tell them I make Replica vintage Armitage Shanks Cistern Syphons for imperial issue back packs.

Mike

Folks, my stepdad is a plumber and fits out bathrooms too. I'll get him to take a look in all the old bog cisterns that he sees and also check out the plumbing wholesalers and contacts etc

If i can find one or similar i'll happily grab them for you guys

I need one for my pack too LOL

Cool, now at least one plumber in the UK is in our employ! It would be amazing to ID a big chunk of the pack, and you'd do it at once with that cistern. Whomever finds one first needs to get it replicated before hacking at it or attaching it to their pack!

No doubt. I can help out if needed. I still have a good amount of silicone over here just dying to become john scrap.

That one I posted the picture of is available, but I don't know that it is worth grabbing since it doesn't seem to be an exact match. I'm trying to contact the owner of that dirty old pot to see if there is any manufacturer, date or serial number on it or anything. It's not easy to convince people to go digging around in old toilets.

Thanks over in the UK, and don't forget to check your own bathroom thrones.

1536, now that is one FINE Replica vintage Armitage Shanks Cistern Syphon for imperial issue back packs!!!

Seriously though, looks great. Did you re-do a mold for that or is it a one-off?

i found a couple of suppliers in the u.k. but they don't ship to the u.s.

What exactly do you mean? Do you mean you found the part, or a supplier of new parts? The part from the movies is most likely discontinued.

Also, it doesn't matter if they ship to the U.S. if you find it, I am sure we can figure out a way to get it over here.

Where do you get the dome from that fits into the top of the hamburger stacker? And what product is the "Twinkie" lid from?

I had them custom vac-formed. Yes, I actually took the time to sculpt vintage toilet parts... I still can't get over that.

no one of the new cistern syphons i tried to find an antique dealers but no luck.its the only part that i'm missing to complete the pack.the dome is a dessert cup with the tip cut down.

I think we all need to get on the same page about what to do with one of these things when its found.

1) it will likely be a one-off. These aren't going to be sitting in stock at a plumbing store so its not reasonable to expect there to be enough for even a few people to have an original. The correct one will have spent the past 4 decades in a toilet tank.

2) while it will be up to whomever finds it, it really should be molded by an experienced prop maker and not just slapped onto someones pack without doing so first.

3) We need to not get into a feeding frenzy of "I want it" instead we need someone who has the facilities to cast it in silicone and resin or roto-cast it to volunteer to copy it and return it to the owner so everyone can have access to an accurate replica.

Just some thoughts, of course we haven't even found it yet. The MEPD brass will "pay a visit" to the first dope to get one and just stick it to their pack without cooperating with the replication plan.