Cistern Siphon (aka Intake Manifold)

teabo

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm working a on a couple of these at the moment and they are the best I've ever made. I'll most likely sell off my current pack and make a new one. I'll hopefully try to get a few packs done before C4 for folks.. crossing fingers.

BTW, I'd give my big toe to find the original cistern.

Yeah you can only get these over here in the UK!!

I belive that the original part used was one of these,but older!

as my wifes mother still has one in her toilet

and on that one the square part looks more round!

been trying to get her to have a new toilet,so I can have the part

you know... I had this crazy idea last night. I'm of sound mind to take a week vacation to the UK and visit all the areas around Elstree, as well as local junk yards, etc. to track down some of these parts.

Don't feel bad guys. I had planned with my next trip to Scotland to check out some crappers myself. Does this mean we are mentally ill? Do we need to see someone? Maybe this whole Star Wars thing has gotten out of hand.

What is that part called (in the U.K.) and what is it exactly used for in the toilet?

Thanks,

jack

Cistern Syphon. Obviously an old one no longer in production. In short, we need to find a junk yard or some old place that has toilets that are over thirty years old.

go to any council housing estate that was built in the late 60's/early 70's here in the u.k. and i bet there are toilets there that still havent been upgraded or replaced. i'd like to see you try and acquire the bits though.

you probably wouldn't come out alive.

Actually, I've been doing some research on this part and I think that the part was likely made by or at least included in Armitage Shanks toilets. Armitage Shanks is also thought to be the supplier of lightsaber pommels, so it would make sense that the parts guys picked up a few other items from the same supplier.

Here is a picture of a vintage Armitage Shank Cistern with the internals that may or may not have come from the same time. Not quite it(?), but at least **** close...

Posted Image

Here is the Wikipedia info on them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armitage_Shanks

I also sent out an email to a vintage toilet place in the UK trying to get some info. No reply yet. I never imagined that I would be hunting vintage toilet parts.