MP40 pouches ???

did you all get the tan ones and rit dye them black...? may snag them then. Thanks

Mine came green and I painted them black with watered down acrylic paint. Then got them dusty with tan/natural fullers earth. The fourth little pouch works perfect for holding the small $12 radio shack amp. I also hide the small pre-amp for my headset in one of the main pouches. I don't use a RomFX or anything, so this solution works just fine for me.

EDIT: This is probably one of the better alternatives as the original leather one is virtually impossible to find and if you do find it, it's super expensive.

I agree with Mike, Paint works the best, also stiffens it nicely.Larry and I set ours up the same way as Mike

Posted Image

I modified my post war leather one to add the mag loader pouch and it holds my speaker perfectly. When I paint up my canvas one I will be putting that one up for sale.

[/img]

I agree with Mike, Paint works the best, also stiffens it nicely.Larry and I set ours up the same way as Mike

Posted Image

I modified my post war leather one to add the mag loader pouch and it holds my speaker perfectly. When I paint up my canvas one I will be putting that one up for sale.

[/img]

Yeah listen to Rob save you it can ...... I think he used a latex based paint , thats what i did with my canvas pouches and you only need one coat.

Posted Image

[/img]

Yeah listen to Rob save you it can ...... I think he used a latex based paint , thats what i did with my canvas pouches and you only need one coat.

paint recommendations? Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I just put an order in for these as well. Rob mentioned that painting helped stiffen the pouches. When you paint/dye them I would think it would be best to stuff the pouches with some newspaper for easy of painting/dying. Any reason I should or shouldn't do this? Oh and a bump on paint recommendations.

I folded some heavy cardboard into the right shape and taped off the top couple of inches with electrical tape in case the tops could be seen. It's rigid, super-light, and allows me to run my sound wiring through them easily.

If you have an old hockey stick laying around cut some mags out of the shaft, they fit nicely in the pouches.

GASP!!!!! Destroy a hockey stick. I mean I have destroyed many of things for my TD but a hockey stick. Don't think I could.

Still a great idea.

dye recipe, from local WW2 costumer.

1.In a large pan mix the dye 1cup of salt and water to the manufactuers instructions 9water to dye ratio)

2. Bring the water temp. to 200deg. and mix well.

3. Immerse the pouches and boil for 15mins. keep the pouched moving in order to assure even penetration of the dye.

4. Prepare an Ice bath with crushed ice and water..temp, should be 40deg.immerse the pouches being sure they are completly covered.

5. Once they are cool..allow them to dry completely(hanging)

6. Finanlly..run them through a washing macines rinse cycle and allow to dry.

Pen66..... is that in Penguins. 66 Mario Lemieux...? If it is. I'm feeling for you bro right now. We're not doing so good.... **** senators.. if you're like me. you've got some broken sticks laying around.

That's what it stands for. I was very sad to come home last night and see we had lost. Sigh. Its a young team with plenty of talent. Hopefully they will keep things improving next year. But that means a long depressing off season.

And I do have my fair share of broken sticks.