Just got my hyperfrim MG-34/DLT-19

• 6 months later...

still tinkering with the DTL-19 trying to get a realistic look i have repainted the thing at least 3 times now the gun it's self is a mix of black, metallic black, copper, Gunmetal, glossy black, metallic flakes Sliver.... and maybe another color i hope to take some day light shots to show off more detail. Open to thoughts as i am sure i will be repainting it again at some point

Posted Image

Posted Image

Looks good man. I have been wanting to revisit my DLT19's paint job, as its showing some wear in spots. Plus I don't know if I've ever been totally happy with the stock paint job. I've painted the whole thing twice, and painted the butt stock three times. So I can feel your pain to a degree. You are getting a nice effect there, the surface looks metallic.

Looks good man. I have been wanting to revisit my DLT19's paint job, as its showing some wear in spots. Plus I don't know if I've ever been totally happy with the stock paint job. I've painted the whole thing twice, and painted the butt stock three times. So I can feel your pain to a degree. You are getting a nice effect there, the surface looks metallic.

I just can't find the right color for the **** thing, adding the chipping effect with out over doing it is a pain i might try mixing Gunmetal with Metallic black/ flakes and see where that takes me.

I did dry brushing for the wear as opposed to chips. I've experimented with Rub n buff a bit to give things a more metallic appearance and it came out pretty well. The key with that stuff is to use as little as possible and buff it. I used this method on the receiver of an M16 and am pretty happy with the results;

Posted Image

Posted Image

• 3 months later...

Is that the T track that I sent you? What problems did you have with the paint? Did you use a primer before you painted? I haven't had any paint issues thus far, and Ive used it on 3 blasters. I use the Colorplace blue label rattlecan primer before I paint. So far Ive paired that up with Krylon Fusion Satin black, ColorPlace whitelabel Flat black and ColorPlace blue label flat black.

Its hard to tell from the pictures but it looks like your paint wrinkled on the T track, is that what happened?

Is that the T track that I sent you? What problems did you have with the paint? Did you use a primer before you painted? I haven't had any paint issues thus far, and Ive used it on 3 blasters. I use the Colorplace blue label rattlecan primer before I paint. So far Ive paired that up with Krylon Fusion Satin black, ColorPlace whitelabel Flat black and ColorPlace blue label flat black.

Its hard to tell from the pictures but it looks like your paint wrinkled on the T track, is that what happened?

I guess i should have used primer It just took a few shots of paint some areas the paint was fine other it just took a few more go's at it. oh well live an learn next time i'll use primer thanks again smitty!

Thats is one sweet monster you got right there.

Good work trooper .

Thanks! i have to keep up with the rest of the boys on the MEPD! Now that my TD is 98% of where i want it, i am going to focus on my long over due clone project.

great work chazz, actually your work always rocks!

your other costumes are definatly also all together top notch!

just one small suggestion. the alignment of the front and rear t-tracks aren´t the same. here is a diagram Brak´sBuddy shows on his website:

Posted Image

here is the direct link to his website:

http://www.looksirdroids.com/replica_weapons2.html

great work chazz, actually your work always rocks!

your other costumes are definatly also all together top notch!

just one small suggestion. the alignment of the front and rear t-tracks aren´t the same. here is a diagram Brak´sBuddy shows on his website:

Posted Image

here is the direct link to his website:

http://www.looksirdroids.com/replica_weapons2.html

Believe it or not thats what i used as ref for my tracks maybe i need to take another look at my work on second thought i think i got the fin set up confused >.<