gett"en Dirty and Thanks

Sandbucket

Started weathering , so I guess I will order my body suit this week. My wife looked at me the other night and giggled and walked off, when I was doing a test fit. When I went and asked her what was so funny she said " you're just a big 45 year old kid." So is that wrong I said. "No, I am just glad to see you have found something that you enjoy."

Thank you all, for the help you have given me in something that I do enjoy. And may this hobby build many friendships. Enough of this, lets all go shoot up a Sandcrawler.

Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...

I used Krylon "SUEDE" and a touch of Walmat 97cent flat black .

Working in area that I thought would clooect dirt from sweat and just plain old can't get clean spots.

Working on one piece at a time would mist the area that I thought would collect the dust and dirt. Then apply a few more layers to where the dirt I wanted to be the heaviest. Then if I wanted a little Carbon scoreing I very lightly hit it wit a shot of flt blk. then I wet sanded in a circular motion to get the desired effect. I liked this paint because it has a little texture to it.

On the helmet you will see a rust looking color which awas a rust primer . but I stoped useing it because it did not look right to me.

Now this is just my personal view. Sand troopers a not slobs. Now we may have a few violations in our jackets that got us stationed to the Arm Pit of the gallaxy, but we are still soldiers of the Empire and must report to our C.O. or X.O. So I belaeve that we would still try to do a quick wipe down to look as smart as possible , to maybe get that transfer to Endor.

I guess what I am saying is a little dirt gos a long way. It would be interesting to get other views on whow much is enough.

I used a water-based craft paint that has actual sand in it. I globbed it all over, than took a wet sponge and lightly went over everything. Mostly hit the high spots, but left enough dirt on there to be cool looking.

I think it's a personal thing, as to how much dirt is enough. Personal likings. Did you just come from the cantina, are you ready for inspection, just came from a little jawa skirmish, been caught in a sandstorm, or have you been in the wasteland all month? Plus, I think it's like fingerprints - nobody's the same.

I used tempera paint because I love the crusty texture it creates. Just played around with combinations of black, white and brown and mixed them to get a couple other shades. I personally prefer the "been in the wasteland all month" look.

I started off with the, Just cleaned out the dewback stables look:

Posted Image

I've sense cleaned up enough to have a much better 2 days in the field after inspection look. (my helmet is unfinished in the pic)

Posted Image