TK1536 image being used by Hasbro!!!!

TK412

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its on the 501st frontpage, so I doubt its a secret that we know. Anyhow, any image of a stormtrooper, etc is property of LFL, regardless of who took the pic or who is in the pic. So they can use it without any problems, not that they would get any.

Actually Seth that isnt correct. Though LFL would argue they own the copyright on the Stormtrooper itself, the photograph copyright exists with the person who took the photo.

i.e if I took a photo of Britney climbing out of a car I own the photograph copyright and get the cash for the pic if its distributed

Cheers

Jez

Its on the 501st frontpage, so I doubt its a secret that we know. Anyhow, any image of a stormtrooper, etc is property of LFL, regardless of who took the pic or who is in the pic. So they can use it without any problems, not that they would get any.

Actually Seth that isnt correct. Though LFL would argue they own the copyright on the Stormtrooper itself, the photograph copyright exists with the person who took the photo.

Jez

I thought the same but according to Kenny whose image has been used on a shirt the official comment was that LFL had rights to the photo even though someone else took it. Not sure if that holds legal water, just passing along the anecdote.

• 2 weeks later...

Dean sent me an email today. Looks like Hasbro is totally aware I'm on the packaging and that they want to send me something! I'll keep you posted.

Wow just caught this thread, Congratulations that's awesome.

Mike have you heard any more to this??

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So, Is this figure out yet? I haven't seen anything new in the stores lately.

According to Rebelscum, it should be in the next wave of figures.

Here it is...

SAGA LEGENDS: Sandtrooper

(originally part of the Evolutions set)

One of the Final 4 from the tournament, this soldier of the Empire from A New Hope will be back for fans to build up their armies. This figure will be marked as "Saga Legends Fan's Choice"

Hey, that's not the Evolutions sculpt! What the heck is going on?

As you no doubt may have noticed, the 501st Clone Trooper and the Sandtrooper are NOT the figures that were originally announced last fall. This is because this wave was originally chosen by Hasbro prior to the tournament, and the fan votes had not been finalized. When the tournament ended, the dirty Sandtrooper Sergeant (with white pauldron) and the SA 501st Clone Trooper (with clean armor) were picked as the versions for this wave.

The images you see here are NOT the final production figures. Aside from the incorrect sculpt, the Sandtrooper does not have the "Fan's Choice" sticker on the bubble. Since these changes were made some time ago, it's a mystery why we're seeing them in this form now, but rest assured we're looking into the problem.

Posted Image

Although it awesome to have your picture used, I hope they don't ACTUALLY use that knock-knee'd FUGLY SE Sandtrooper with the &%$#@ drop doxes and bubble lenses!!