TK1536 image being used by Hasbro!!!!

TK412

Realistically, I don't think he's entitled to anything. His actual likeness is not utilized and since LFL allows 501st/MEPD/REBEL LEGION to function under certain restrictions...

Maybe I'm wrong, though.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Super congrats Mike, that is freaking awesome!

I have that one, the BF's shin tools and boot spikes are missing

I've seen them use fan costume images before but not on a retail product. There was a Mandalorian article in the INSIDER a year or so back that had fan-Fett pics used for the painted artwork.

Beyond the use of the picture - I beleive the important part here is that Mike's hard work and dedication has resulted in him being selected as the prototype for the "IMAGE" that everyone has for a Sandtrooper. I can only hope to be a background trooper when compared with his complete package..But I digress...

I have said it before and I'll say it again - MIKE - you da MAN!

Maybe we should just keep it hush so that the image will remain.

Maybe the Hasbro artist didnt have enogh LFL images and decided to hit the net.

If we contact them, theyll probably change it.

my 2 cents

Maybe we should just keep it hush so that the image will remain.

Maybe the Hasbro artist didnt have enogh LFL images and decided to hit the net.

If we contact them, theyll probably change it.

my 2 cents

Exactly. I'm not saying a thing.

Awesome, Mike!

And don't worry. If they've issued pics of the cardbacks, it's pretty much a done deal. I've seen them put stickers over changes in the copy, but I don't think they've ever replaced a photo that way.

Its on the 501st frontpage, so I doubt its a secret that we know. Anyhow, any image of a stormtrooper, etc is property of LFL, regardless of who took the pic or who is in the pic. So they can use it without any problems, not that they would get any.

From the 501st news page...nice

When Hasbro Needs a Sandtrooper...

by tuskentrooper on Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:34 pm

Where does toy giant Hasbro go when they need a good reference shot of a Sandtrooper for their new 30th Anniversary Saga Legends collection? If you answered "the Lucasfilm archives" then you'd be wrong. Check out the cardback artwork for the Saga Legends Sandtrooper (courtesy of rebelscum.com), then check out 501st member Mike Harrison's (TD-1536) personal website for this familiar image. By the way, there's also another 501st Trooper coming for those who are still counting each homage to our fine costuming organization. Thanks again, Hasbro!

Its on the 501st frontpage, so I doubt its a secret that we know.