MEPD Recruitment

The Academy? You're soaking in it!

Sandtrooper.net IS the MEPD's Academy, as it were. This is your one stop shop for all things Sandtrooper! Here you can find out the differences between the Standard desk Stormtroopers, and the hard fighting Sandtroopers that we emulate here!

We are rapidly building up a good amount of tutorials for the mods required, as well as a decent source of replacement parts, weathering techniques, weapons, and other items needed.

If you have any questions, this is a the place to ask them, brother!

Welcome to the MEPD Academy!

Kool LT! I mean thanks lieutenant sir! Thanks for straightening out this new recruit. I reviewed the requirements both for the 501st Legion and for MEPD and I am currently working towards those goals. I emailed Marstar in Canada last week for some Norwegian MP-38/40s but Mike at Marstar informed me that they are out of stock and he doesn't think they'll be getting anymore. I've got a pauldron and one pouch coming in from CA. Sir, ya got a possible line on another source? Also, how many pouches do I need? Aloha & thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

As all of you know by now I am working on my TD stuff. Do I have to wait until 501st approve( they are taking their time) me before I can start the ball rolling to join here. I am hoping to have my TD done soon, dirt and all so I was just wondering. BTW is there any other female TD's on here or am I a loner?

Ebay can be the way to go for the pouches. I got my own pouches this way. You have to be prepared though. Ebay can run hot and cold. I've been party to both extremes...I got one pouch for $10..then got stuck paying $50 for the other 2. Different sellers of course, but just an example of what can be had.

And I got the same email from Marstar. Try bayonet inc, they have pouches listed on their site too.

Ebay can be the way to go for the pouches. I got my own pouches this way. You have to be prepared though. Ebay can run hot and cold. I've been party to both extremes...I got one pouch for $10..then got stuck paying $50 for the other 2. Different sellers of course, but just an example of what can be had.

And I got the same email from Marstar. Try bayonet inc, they have pouches listed on their site too.

Thanks for the heads-up about ebay. I just got a pauldron & one pouch from a member in SoCal. I'll try bayonet inc. to see what they may have. My best to the brothers in dirt. Also a sister it seems...

I have a friend in the militaria hobby, does a lot of the WWII renactment and such, hes the one that gave me the bayonet inc link. He also just found out that Kelly's Militaria carries Mp40 pouches as well, $37.50.

www.kelsmilitary.com

A big mahalo (thanks) to a fellow brother-in-dirt! I just sent off a frantic email message to Kelly's to inquire about purchasing some MP40 pouches. Thanks again for the timely heads-up. Yours in dirt...

Guns/TK-2581

Just doing some looking around and I found this palce that seems to have some as well.

http://www.northridgeinc.com/sp_mp.htm

Thanks bro for the heads-up. I checked out this website several weeks ago when I was searching for a MG-34. The pouches they list are a combination of canvas and leather; the same type that Marstar still offers. I would prefer all leather, but beggars can't be too "choosy". Again, mahalo (thanks) and may the dirt be with you! Aloha.

Guns/TK-2581

Guys, just want to sound off and remind you guys to be careful when your buying the pouches. I was told that someone on Ebay was selling "Genuine leather WWII MP40 pouches". These WERENT, but in fact were the newly made nylon remakes. So please make sure you ask the seller if they are, and if they arent, take the steps with Ebay to make it right.

Guys, just want to sound off and remind you guys to be careful when your buying the pouches. I was told that someone on Ebay was selling "Genuine leather WWII MP40 pouches". These WERENT, but in fact were the newly made nylon remakes. So please make sure you ask the seller if they are, and if they arent, take the steps with Ebay to make it right.

Sir, a big mahalo (thanks) for your concern! In our zest to procure these "elusive" items I'm sure sometimes we throw "caution" to the wind and either bid or order "sight unseen". For fanboymt: bro, I received a prompt reply from my email yesterday, 3-19-05. Unfortunately again, the pouches offered are a combination leather and canvas NOT all leather =( I will continue my search and if I should discover a source for "all" leather pouches I will most certainly post an urgent message for all. Take care and God bless. Yours-in-dirt!

Guns/TK-2581

getting my set was hard.

they are pure leathre and from WW2.

I had to keep tring to out snipe fellow 501st members to get these.

Maybe someone could find a pattern and make them out of leather and produce them for everyone.. ( just a idea )

Ok, I have two sites for you. This one, http://www.starfortressproductions.com/swtheempire.html , has them down towards the middle of the page. They are not exact reproductions but could be modified if your that picky about it. I think his prices arn't to bad but his shipping is outragous. The other, http://www.ashtonomicon.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=32 , is much nicer but I have sent this guy several e-mails but he hasn't responded yet. He is a member of the 501st so if anyone knowes him ask him to get back to me. Both of these are done in leather but the second one is the one I would like to order if he ever gets back to me.

Ok, I have two sites for you. This one, http://www.starfortressproductions.com/swtheempire.html , has them down towards the middle of the page. They are not exact reproductions but could be modified if your that picky about it. I think his prices arn't to bad but his shipping is outragous. The other, http://www.ashtonomicon.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=32 , is much nicer but I have sent this guy several e-mails but he hasn't responded yet. He is a member of the 501st so if anyone knowes him ask him to get back to me. Both of these are done in leather but the second one is the one I would like to order if he ever gets back to me.

Awesome, bro thanks! I just sent off an email message to NyghtCraft and we'll see what happens. A big mahalo (thanks) again for the information! Yours-in-dirt.

Guns/TK-2581

I found some black spray dye off of Ebay. It works pretty good too. What I thought of doing is using fabric stiffener on them after they have been dyed. You could find something like a piece of wood to put in it one to bring out the form, then use the stiffener and it will retain the shape after you remove the wood. Then clear coat it like Matt suggested. When I get mine I am going to play around with that.

• 1 month later...

Greetings all, I've learned quite a bit since initiating this thread back on March 08, 2005. I've met some GREAT people along my journey towards the "dirt-side". I found out that sandtroopers are a proud and dedicated group of professionals coming from all walks of life. Men & women pursuing excellence in dirt! (Yeah baby, YEAH)

Thanks to the forerunners who, with dogged tenacity, did not allow this site to die a premature death. Thanks Joe and to the others -- I benefit today from your many hours of hard work. Mahalo (thanks) to the countless other sandtroopers that provided me with assistance, advice, and encouragement!

This thread touched on the subject of ammo pouches and I hope that all who were seeking those prized hard-to-get items took up slave1pilot's bulk order offer. (Nathan, you the man!)

With all that said, I humbly submit the following photos & information in my quest for MEPD-deployed TD status:

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

All of the following modifications have been accomplished:

1. Flat green lenses. 2. (Black) Pauldron (Thanks Jeff). 3. MP38/40 pouches. 4. MG-42 & G-3 mag pouches for utility belt. 5. Modified ab plate. 6. Diamond sniper-knee plate. 7. Marmit-style backpack. 8. BFG (hyperfirm-rubber MG-34/DLT-19 -- thanks Rob @ Sci-fire) 9. And DIRT!! (Thanks to Chris, TK-409 & Matt) (Thanks to BraksBuddy for reference CD) (Special acknowledgement to jpbasso & Imageshack)

Take care & God bless all sandtroopers.

Aloha,

Guns/TK-2581

501st Pacific Outpost, Hawaii

Executing Order 66 in Paradise