Another Hasbro E-11 Mod Job

Plenty of these happening it seems!

The progress so far....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I've got the Hengstler counter, the magazine and receiver, the barrel tip, and the butt cap pieces on. Already the toy has a nice weight to it with the attachment. I still have the cylinders that sit on top of the magazine and the stock pieces to go. Trying to take my time to allow the glue to set fully, but this stuff is good, so I'm pretty confident the pieces aint goin' no where. Once it's all on, I'm probably gonna get some putty to fill in a few of the seams and the screw holes from the toy assembly then paint it. Krylon has a nice new textured Fusion paint, that has a nice forged metal feel to it.

Yes! So far, other than a few small flash "balls" from a seam or two, I've had to do very little prep clean up. Ive been using "Welder" glue, and it sticks GOOD. The parts are mostly unmovable in about 10 minutes. The only piece I'd be worried about breaking is the "frame" piece that runs the length of the blaster. It's basically just a U shaped piece of resin. However I think once it's glued on, short of direct blast to specific spot or two, it will be pretty solid.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, its nearly finished. This is it after 3 coats of Fusion Satin Black:

Posted Image

Posted Image

It held up well enough to troop with yesterday in the St. Patrick's Day parade here, and it everyone seemed to think it was a great mod. The only thing I added in addition to the mod kit was some windshield wiper sections over the vent holes that showed the "red" blaster light. I did putty up what seams I could, and fill in the screws holes on the right side. Now I just have to weather it, and it should be done!