Original ROTJ Stormtrooper Background Studio Helmet-Got One!

JoeR

I was lucky enough to be given the opportunity to acquire this Return of the Jedi background studio helmet.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The provenance is very good on the helmet and pictures of other originals were used to verify its originality.

Used in the opening Death Star scenes of ROTJ, it has been slightly refurbished. The right eye and left ear piece are replicas. It also has silicone in between the ears and the cap/back and faceplate.

All the decals, brow and neck trim are original. The plastic was buffed back to a shine, but it has naturally yellowed again since. The mic tips are original. The frown and chin areas have been touched up with the correct paint.

Excuse the poor quality of the pictures (I am a bad photographer and the camera isn't great) , I was desperate to show my fellow trooper enthusiasts. Better ones to follow.

Enjoy.

Joe

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw this helmet over on the RPF.

All I can say is wow!!!!

This is a truely amazing aquisition. You mentioned it has been refurbished slightly but still, it is in amazing condition, especially when you compare it with surviving ANH helmets. Any shots of the interior?

I have always had a soft spot for the ROTJ troopers because they were the first ones I remember seeing.

Man I would give my right arm for a screen used TK helmet! Congratulations buddy, you must be thrilled!

Thanks guys I am really excited about this! Still just gaze at it in awe.

Any shots of the interior?

I can't share these sorry buddy. The interior is used to verify the originality of helmets so it has to remain a secret to protect against fakes.

I still wish it was a Sandy!LOL

Joe

Hey Sandyboy, I'd also be very very interested in a kit taken from your awesome ROTJ helmet.

I love the look of the ROTJ trooper bucket and its almost impossible to get a decent replica at the moment. The only one I know of is the Oakley though Keith has done jaw dropping work on converting a ANH in the past.

Keep us updated mate