Hero prototype-New pics page 6

troopermaster

TK4510,

I'm not even going to respond to your comments because if I did, I'll surely be banned for what I'd want to say.

Looking forward to the pics even if they aren't comparisons.

Anyone else with a Paul helmet that can make comparisons to another maker's helmet, non FX?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TM got some good shots at he´s www, e.g check them out.

About recast, i think TM has make he´s own moulds all the way.

I know he has working on where he is today for ower 7 years, now thats a long time. Lets give the man a little respect for that, and for what he is willing to give us. All the talk about recast i think not, because if so it will be a "smaller" helmet/kit. And is not, TM is not a generation thing. But in the right size, and therefor can not be a recast.

The good armor family wood:

Gino, te, gf, ap i love, but they all got the rotj mistakes all over there suit, and are recasts.

TM is not, and have more accurate parts, such as:

Anh right biceps left/right, arm shape one whit 12 holes, shoulder one goes out in the end, belly box long slim string/ small box whit slot whit 3 and 4 dots to go whit, right chest v, diamond knee, legs and skin bone form and top, bicep/arm/legs/bone right assembel whit strip over lap.

And if we are lucky, soon anh accurate flex suit whit hdpe helmet to go whit.

Now who can beat that.

Not long from now, i will have one for my self.

Cheers brotherhood and to you TM.

I'm going to ask for the final time that everyone speak with respect to everyone else. If you say something hostile you are doing nothing but stirring the pot. "Thank you" to those who have shown restraint.

I'll take my mod hat off for a moment;

Gino; what do you hope to learn from photos? Are we looking for some of Matt's top-secret "tells"? If Paul's faceplate was in fact cast then re-built, by what means precisely are you going to be able to determine that? Isn't it arguable that if he did a good job & had good physical and photographic reference that his faceplate should look reasonably similar if not identical (sans "tells") to the screen-used lineage helmets?

There is honor left in this hobby, I believe Paul's word and I think the reaction you are getting by randomly calling it into question is because he has made positive contributions to this hobby and has been a responsible member of the community for years. The SDS comparison is totally irrelevant, there were a dozen reasons to doubt what he was saying. However, Paul has for years freely shared information and answered questions without changing the answer every time. I guess I'm just confused by the motivation behind the accusatory questions.

I agree 100% with Seth's comments. I REALLY hate the bickering and mudslinging aspect of the trooper hobby.

Obviously someone who deliberately copies/recasts items for their own financial gain or prestige should not be tolerated nor their actions condoned. But, as Seth alluded to, with the amount of YEARS Paul has spent researching and refining his sculpts (quite openly I might add), how could it be outside the realm of possibility for him not to be approaching a screen accurate replica? With the number of clear photographs of film-used helmets available and now with high res screen references, it wouldn't seem crazy for someone with sculpting talent to be able to recreate those items VERY closely.

I give a lot of credit to Matt for having the balls to take apart a screen-used original helmet and cast it, and a lot of credit to Gino for continuing the quest for perfect film accuracy with the best set of molds from props with film lineage, but to me what Paul is doing is of no less value to the hobby.

RE : Replica helmet cast from an ROTJ helmet...

THE best news i've heard in a long time. Well done javamonkey

Is this going to be from the Don Post 'Reference' helmet that Javamonkey has I wonder?

Sorry for the hijack... but with the way things were going, it might be a good idea to change the subject?!

Cheers,

John

I agree with seth and think bearden521 has a point as well Gino should also show his moulds as well at the moment all I can see is an unjust attack on someone who is taking the time and effort to produce near accurate armour

Maybe instead of bickering and glory hunting etc. you should get together swap idea and help each other produce an accurate ANH armour after all two heads is beeter than one.

All I can say is when TM has time I'll be ordering some of his Fine armour and would feel totally happy to troop in public in it

• 3 months later...

Paul, you're the GOD when it comes to sculpting and producing these things... ever since the first time I saw your creations I've been most impressed, and your Hero helmet is, IMHO, one of your more jawdroping pieces.

I feel really stupid, though.

That old misunderstanding - I didn't know too much about the armor making world back then, to me your uber-accurate armor, AA's molds having been "thrown out" and you being English too equalled "oh my God, he must have been the lucky person who picked those old molds". I guess that's what I wanted to hear when you said you had "all the ANH molds".

I feel uber stupid...

But that just proves how your armor is, IMHO, better than AA's reproduction. It's THE thing.

I admire your work, the passion you have for it, the knowledge and expertise. Seriously, you're my idol, the Master i watch and try to learn from. I learned a lot from you since my first attempts at making an armor myself and I feel very, very.... small :(

I guess I'll just shut up and admire your works...