Hero prototype-New pics page 6

troopermaster

Wow, by reading these posts I feel like TE has returned with the user name "Gino"

Posted Image

I agree with Seth. Paul has proved himself with his child sized helmet and armor, truly amazing work.

Keep up the good work Paul .

Seth, with respect, I don't think it is clear by a long shot that the faceplate wasn't either cast from someone's existing helmet, or cast and modified.

Only time, more pics or comparisons will tell.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seth, with respect, I don't think it is clear by a long shot that the faceplate wasn't either cast from someone's existing helmet, or cast and modified.

Thats fair enough, but I think we're getting into cyclical arguments that come down to one persons word against the other.

Not related to the above quote but gentlemen, personal attacks aren't going to fly. Please talk to each other the way you would if you were in a room together.

He is the only armour maker out there humble enough to accept "criticism" and use it to improve his work for all our benefit and this "attack" on his work all out smacks of sour grapes to me.

right

but i´ll add "good armor maker"

some people had the balls to disasemble an original helmet

some work with the product of these balls

and some try to sculpt their own

working for a dream over years

proud of the product and showing to public

gino

maybe you should compare the two faces in your own hands

imo if it´s different in size it doesent matter if he is using another faceplate as a base

cause he had to sculpt the whole details new

Gino, its not Paul's responsibility to prove his innocence.

Its yours to prove his guilt, and back up your allegation with some kind of evidence

So rather than throw accusations around either substantiate your claims, or back down and apologise

Cheers

Jez

Obviously, since I don't have one of his helmets, just how exactly is that supposed to happen?

Others who do can post photos or comparisons next to other maker's helmets. My whole purpose by saying what I did was to at the very least make people question Paul's word. Maybe I'm right, maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think I'm wrong.

I guess we'll see.

Either one of two things will happen I predict. Either no one will want to show close up pics from different angles because they think I might be right and don't want to contribute to proving my case, or someone will step up and we'll know for sure.

So who has the minerals to step up?

If you have nothing to hide, then what's the problem. At the very least, you'll get a heavy compliment from me as well as a big fat apology.

If you want to send me one of your helmets Gino I would be happy to take as many photos as you want.

The face mould in the pics was taken about 1999 or 2000 and has had lots of work done since then so I would hope it didn't look like the one I have now. All my moulds have been chopped and changed many times trying to get them as accurate as possible and that is what I am still doing and will continue to do no matter what you think you might uncover. These are my moulds that I have made and nothing is going to change that fact so if you want to play detective, be my guest.

Certain armour makers need to get over themselves.

is it so hard to stomach the fact that someone has "the minerals" to sculpt an accurate face plate rather than just "pulling" forms from an existing mould that was ultimately taken from another helmet (i think there is a word for that).

There is one overiding factor in all this. Respect! Paul has it and Gino is risking losing it.

i have a great deal of respect for all the armour makers that quietly get on and do their thing, not picking fights and slinging mud.

Sometimes its better to be silent and let people think you're a fool than open your mouth and prove them right.

This sort of bol-x should be taken over to the RPF where all the little kids ***** at each other, the MEPD are about maintaining standards and helping each other out.

boy did i ever wish i was a moderator.

So Paul, your excellent Hero Helmet, can i have one?

I really like seeing comparison pictures of different helmets but I dont think Paul has a case to answer.

He has proven himself to be a fantastic artisan and I dont doubt for a second that his faceplate is an original sculpt.

Cant we all just get along!

You're right. Paul doesn't have to answer. I'm no authority on what anyone has to do.

I would think he would WANT to.

I got the exact same reaction when I first spoke out against the SDS helmets being film accurate. No one wanted to believe what I was saying was true for several reasons. Now it's just common knowledge.

One, because AA was such a nice guy, two, because people wanted it to be true so bad, they wouldn't allow themselves to even entertain the idea that it wasn't. Third because it was something they could easily get and felt personally invested once they had one.

Maybe I'm wrong on this one with Paul, maybe I'm not.

Don't you want to know for sure?

I just don't like it when people make false claims about their stuff (if that is what is going on here).

Here's to hoping someone will post some good photos or comparison pics.

I dont see how it matters if the helmet faceplate is a recast or not. Gino stole his,.... so if Paul used it as a basis then Gino has no right to be offended.

Thats like someone stealing a car and then getting ****** off and shaking thier fist when they get carjacked. you gotta be kidding me!

I think the ego's need a break here. Gino, what have you sculpted? Other than mastering at model assembly, what else have you done??? NOTHING. You never show anything else.

I have more respect for Paul. I have seen his work many times on the Yahoo site.

Gino's work is absent everytime. He has nothing but the nice helmets and some recasted armor. You arent acting any better than Matt right now. AND you should be ashamed of yourself asking the outrageous amounts you do for $40.00 worth of materials....

You know, eventually we will have complete saturation of this crap or people will get old and quit caring. Maybe then we can stop acting like 9 year olds.

If this is going too far, admin please delete. I just think we need to see. Gino, Matt, GF and the other "buddies" for who they really are. Recasters...Jealous Recasters.

We're not going to do any draconian post editing or anything, but please everyone play nice.

Gino; I think the apprehension stemmed from the tone you took initially. You have changed to a more respectful approach and I would appreciate if everyone would do so.

All board members here deserve respect regardless of post count, amount of knowledge, or status within the hobby. All board members should remember that.

Great Tom.

Thanks for having the courage to do so.

By any chance to you have any other helmet makers stuff to take comparisons with?

"Courage" isn't the word I would have chosen...pride maybe. I'm just happy to have a more accurate bucket.

Unfortunately, I don't have anything else but my FX to photograph with it.

We're not going to do any draconian post editing or anything, but please everyone play nice.

Gino; I think the apprehension stemmed from the tone you took initially. You have changed to a more respectful approach and I would appreciate if everyone would do so.

All board members here deserve respect regardless of post count, amount of knowledge, or status within the hobby. All board members should remember that.

Hey!! do you mean me