New comparison pics of my not so new v.2 helmet.

gino

Good idea TD-4935. Unfortunately for Matt, this is not just a costume club. It is his life and the only accomplishment of any merit that he has to cling to so he MUST defend his "secret knowledge" with all his might. Every picture that is "leaked"... every fact that is "exposed"... anything that furthers the wealth of knowledge that is available to the general public erodes the myth that is "trooper expert." It is sad that any individual would wrap up the entirety of their being and value in such a silly thing, but by sending emails like the one posted above, Matt makes it all too clear that this is the case, at least in his mind. By these images being made available in a compiled format (instead of making you search the internet high and low for them), Matt feels that his majesty and authority has been compromised. What other purpose would he have for lashing out so venomously? Sad... sad... sad...

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess the reason he covets these things and gets so irate about it is because he knows that anybody with a little digging and "healthy" interest in it could also indeed call themselves "trooper expert". He sounds to me like someone who is in the throws of a complete breakdown.

As Mr-T quite eloquantly put it "I pity the fool".

I think I understand everyone's intent in constantly rehashing TE, but it may be time to start taking the higher ground. The more we talk about TE, the more his legend grows. If we all just started ignoring these childish rants, I think we'd all be the better for it.

Just a thought.

Oh, and thanks for the pics, BB!

I think I understand everyone's intent in constantly rehashing TE, but it may be time to start taking the higher ground. The more we talk about TE, the more his legend grows. If we all just started ignoring these childish rants, I think we'd all be the better for it.

Just a thought.

Oh, and thanks for the pics, BB!

Who's TE? Can I have a history lesson? j/k I know who he is. He was nice to me but he seems a little excentric on these boards now a days!

Braks love the pics though, bro!

Just a thought. good thought and i agree.

freakengine, I think that is a good idea. I hope that the posts I have made have helped show the true Matt, the vindictive and deeply jealous person who hordes in a hobby that is all about sharing, the person who competes in a hobby that is all about cooperation, the person who threatens and lashes out like a child over and over again at his perceived enemies. While Matt made a great contribution to this hobby many years ago, his time has passed and with that passing, I think you are right that we should ignore him so that he may also pass from out minds and we can move into a brighter future without the gloomy blight of his ghost hanging around.

make it a better universe!

your absolutly right, this hobby is about sharing!

thanks to everyone sharing his knowledge or talents with other enthusiast!

it will keep the hobby alive and all of us young....

Yes, lets take the high road. If it is material to the conversation Matt is not "unmentionable" but lets refrain from slagging on him since he is not here to defend himself. That isn't directed at anyone in particular, just a general piece of message board etiquette advice regarding ex-members.

Yep.

I'm quite confident that I was the first to notice that and so then integrated that into my hero earcap molds. This was done about 3 years ago and are on my v2. hero helmets (which were formed about 3 years ago along with the stunts).

same here!

great suit BB! we´ve all seen your picture, but they still keep me looking at them for minutes!

do you still got unrevealed pictures of building your suit or pictures of your weathering you didn´t post untill now?

i´m sure we all know the pictures on your website, but there must be more to show...?!?

do you still got unrevealed pictures of building your suit or pictures of your weathering you didn´t post untill now?

i´m sure we all know the pictures on your website, but there must be more to show...?!?

There are plenty more but they are much less glamorous as they highlight my mistakes, mishaps and errors. The sandtrooper was my first comstume and a HUGE learning experience. While I am hesitant to post progress pics as you get to see a bit behind the curtain, here are a few for you to laugh at.

This is how my armor arrived, both a blessing and a curse. It was mostly assembled thanks to Gino but it was not assembled for me specifically which meant I had to go back and retro a number of mods and trimming.

Posted Image

First test fitting of the legs.

Posted Image

Test fitting of the upper body and initial weathering test.

Posted Image

Don't ask. I can't explain it. Just one of MANY failed efforts to weather the armor correctly.

Posted Image

One of many "back to square one" efforts. You should have seen the ring around the tub from scrubbing the weathering off the armor so many times.

Posted Image

Close to the final "First DragonCon Appearance" weathering. This was a monochromatic weathering effort.

Posted Image

First DragonCon Appearance Weathering

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

First DragonCon Appearance Weathering on helmet vs Final Weathering.

Posted Image

From there the armor went through about 3 more weathering stages in the span of a few weeks to the final weathering you see on my site.[/img]

All the reweathering you did made it look real,even in pics it doesnt loose the dirty feel of being kicked around the desert. Bravo its awsome!! what type of plastic is your armor made from?

I am not sure all the effort was worth it as I can't even begin to count the hours I spent weathering and then stripping and reweathering the armor. However, you are absolutely right about it getting better everytime, not so much from my technique improving, but simply because the armor was becoming more scuffed and scratched and scraped. While super glossy armor looks nice, it does not make a nice canvas for weathering. Once it becomes beaten and worn it really becomes 100% better. Of course the final weathering is so engrained that I couldn't get it off with a scotchbrite... literally.