New comparison pics of my not so new v.2 helmet.

gino

Thanks for your pictures Gino.

Love em.

When do you think you will be abel to sell a full anh kit to us.

And in what plastic and thickness.

Good for display only, or also good for trooping.

Cheers

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I understand, Gino's armor is more for display and not really wearable. I have heard its really thin and that is why it looks awesome. The screen used stuff was like 0.020 thickness, which would last like 30 minutes trooping these days...

I think HDPE stormy has one of Ginos' suit's. Maybe he can show us some pics?

Your wish is my command, lol, well not really as I only have a couple of OLD Progress pics;when I was working on my ESB trooper display, trimming, assembling and modifying.

I can take more pics this week if anybody is interested.

Posted Image

Posted Image

(Helmet and handguards are not Gino's.)

I also have a Hero V2 helmet and from my collector point of view there is really an evolution in Gino's stuff , the stunt V1 that I received (like two or three years ago) was already super sharp and extremely well put together but the neck trim was wrong, it had no straps nor star shapped foam, bumps had been removed etc etc...

Posted Image

For those saying that there is no difference between a Gino' V1 suit and GF or AP then I must say that I couldn't disagree more, I'm not Gino's spokes person but it's like comparing an Aston Martin and a Porsche IMHO, I'll let you guess which one I like the most.

You have a **** of a lot of trooper stuff HDPE

I also have one of those new Gino hero helmets.

Keith.

From what I understand, Gino's armor is more for display and not really wearable. I have heard its really thin and that is why it looks awesome.

Not true. The armor I had was fine for trooping. I know the v2 armor is going to be made of thinner material and will surely not be as sturdy as some of the super thick stuff that is out there, but even that should be fine for trooping as long as you are somewhat careful. I have had a chance to preview a few of the V2 pieces and while I wouldn't try the "Stop that Ship" Trooper's head dive in it, I again think it will be fine for the occasional trooping event or con.

I got 80 thick abs AP here, good for trooping and nice/sharp vacum job.

E.g TM is 100 thick glossy white hips, also good for troopering.

Hips should be better to vacum form, and give a better sharpness then abs.

I once i own a GF, i think i was in 60 thick abs. It was ok to troop whit too.

But i dont think it will hold if its gets eny thinner then that.

All this plastic thickness dosent matter if people only want it for display, but for us who love to troop its also have to be a strong armor.

Klik klik...

I've got a set of Gino's sandy armor (with the V1 helmet). Most of it still needs finishing up but I'll try to get some photos when it's all together. Don't hold your breath, though, because I'm as lazy as I am stupid.

It's killing me to think I have to willfully defile and dirty up this helmet, too!

-Todd