New comparison pics of my not so new v.2 helmet.

gino

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...While super glossy armor looks nice, it does not make a nice canvas for weathering...

one of the reasons I detest gloss ABS plastic. Very difficult to weather nicely unless you paint it.

The material Gino is looking at for the V2 armor is VERY different... and I believe much more accurate. The nice thing is that it should also hold the weathering much better.

...While super glossy armor looks nice, it does not make a nice canvas for weathering...

one of the reasons I detest gloss ABS plastic. Very difficult to weather nicely unless you paint it.

The material Gino is looking at for the V2 armor is VERY different... and I believe much more accurate. The nice thing is that it should also hold the weathering much better.

Is the V2 a full armor kit for sale asap.

Will Gino sell he´s V2 armor for us, or only to very few he know ex.

What is the plastic.

Thickness.

Price.

I can't answer all of those questions but I can tell you as I told one other person in PM... at the rate Gino moves... the universe will have collapsed on itself at least once before he gets the v2 mods completed...

In all seriousness, I have no idea when it will be done. I sold my suit in anticipation of getting a v2... and I think that is going on close to two years ago now, with no end in sight.

I can't answer all of those questions but I can tell you as I told one other person in PM... at the rate Gino moves... the universe will have collapsed on itself at least once before he gets the v2 mods completed...

In all seriousness, I have no idea when it will be done. I sold my suit in anticipation of getting a v2... and I think that is going on close to two years ago now, with no end in sight.

I've assembled two TE suits, three AP suits and about six AP helmets. Now that I look at what was your Gino armor, it really does not seem that much different than an AP suit... especially the ab plate and shoulder bells.

If I were in the market for another suit of armor, I'd go TM for the armor and TE for the helmet. No slight against Gino.

i actually sanded the shine off of my AP armor. the whole thing was rubbed down with 400 grit paper in the process of weathering.

i basically misted the whole thing with a translucent sand colored airbrush paint, sanded most of it off, and repeated until i liked it.

No prob Mike.

I'll be sure to note that when the time comes.

Not that I wouldn't own your stuff, I'm just impatient.

And I still believe your helmets are the best... it's just easier to get one from Tony and assemble it myself, which is half the fun!

I've assembled two TE suits, three AP suits and about six AP helmets. Now that I look at what was your Gino armor, it really does not seem that much different than an AP suit... especially the ab plate and shoulder bells.

If I were in the market for another suit of armor, I'd go TM for the armor and TE for the helmet. No slight against Gino.

Copy that.

I have two AP armors, and i also think its looks very much like the gino armor.

I also love the TM armor/helmet.

TE2 helmet is a real anh helmet recast.

But its generation smaller then TM suit/armor and helmet shoulde be in the right anh size, no generation thing

A few people other than Art have owned/own Gino suits, but they are rare. His pictures of his old sandtrooper suit are possibly the only pictures I've ever seen though. It should be interesting to see what you do with your V2 armor though.

Copy that.

Like to see/hear more about it.

All the best from here

But its generation smaller then TM suit/armor and helmet shoulde be in the right anh size, no generation thing

Sorry TD252 I didn't quite understand your post where you saying the TE2 helmet is smaller because it's a recast or the right size? Could't work it out

Thanks I to can't wait to see v2 armour as well

Sorry TD252 I didn't quite understand your post where you saying the TE2 helmet is smaller because it's a recast or the right size? Could't work it out

Thanks I to can't wait to see v2 armour as well

I just mean, that TE i a real cast of a real anh helmet.

1 generation i think.

Now we got TE2, same generation/mould as TE (1 generation i think).

I think AP is a 3 generation.

TE give it to GF, GF give it to AP, and therefor a bit smaller then the real anh helmets you see in the movies aka shrinking progress.

I´m not sure of all this, because i only own AP here and never seen a TE in real life.

I was just wonder about the the right anh size/generation.

Cheers

I think HDPE stormy has one of Ginos' suit's. Maybe he can show us some pics?

Your wish is my command, lol, well not really as I only have a couple of OLD Progress pics;when I was working on my ESB trooper display, trimming, assembling and modifying.

I can take more pics this week if anybody is interested.

Posted Image

Posted Image

(Helmet and handguards are not Gino's.)

I also have a Hero V2 helmet and from my collector point of view there is really an evolution in Gino's stuff , the stunt V1 that I received (like two or three years ago) was already super sharp and extremely well put together but the neck trim was wrong, it had no straps nor star shapped foam, bumps had been removed etc etc...

Posted Image

For those saying that there is no difference between a Gino' V1 suit and GF or AP then I must say that I couldn't disagree more, I'm not Gino's spokes person but it's like comparing an Aston Martin and a Porsche IMHO, I'll let you guess which one I like the most.

As you may or may not know, I have the only set of armor molds that touched the inside of an original rotj suit. These molds were left untouched for posterity (and for making authentic rotj style armor).

Mold duplicates were made by casting the original molds in silicone, and making new resin duplicates.

Great care was put into making sure there was no generational loss in making these mold duplicates. No shrink silicone as well as no shrink resin was used.

These duplicates are what are being used to make the anh/esb style armor. So yes, I have two sets of armor molds, one for rotj, and one for anh/esb.

I have yet to complete all the pieces to make a full set of anh armor. So far, I have the final chestplate, shoulder connectors, kidney plate, butt plate, belt, and ab details. The ab plate itself is halfway there, but still isn't completely finished. ALL OTHER PARTS are untouched rotj pieces. I formed a full set of what I have to date so that I can assess what changes, level of sharpness, etc... need to be made. That is what you see pictured all layed out on the floor.

The knee belt and sniper knee are very old, and need completely reworked, but I included them in the pic anyway.

Also, those are authentic esb/rotj handplates.

Here are the most recent pics of my v2 armor with v2 hero and stunt helmets. Final shoulder connectors and chestplate, the shoulder bells are untouched rotj style but I thought the pics looked better with them.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image