E-11 Mag Housing Cylinders

Tyranus

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been eyeballing those things for years... I'd swear they've got to be a type of wirewound or ceramic resistor. On the mouse droid, the larger, shorter cylinders look like vacuum tube sockets. That's where the vacuum tubes (glass parts) would have been removed from. Grasping at what I remember of my analog/amplifier electronics training, it makes sense that there'd be a resistor alongside each tube.

Here are a couple example pics of similar-looking resistors:

Posted Image

Posted Image

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

You know they almost look like the ceramic "guides" that were used for old school "Knob and Tube" wiring through top plate in walls back in Grandpappy's time. Almost like they were chopped in half and glued onto the mag.

• 1 year later...

Hi guys I am about to do a 2nd run here http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=709...t=e11+cylinders

Just get in touch if you would like to jump on.

Russ

You know they almost look like the ceramic "guides" that were used for old school "Knob and Tube" wiring through top plate in walls back in Grandpappy's time. Almost like they were chopped in half and glued onto the mag. <!-- s:kenny: --><!-- s:kenny: -->

• 1 year later...