Paints used for Weathering your Sandtrooper armor?

Trooper Peter

Thanks mate i can see using this stuff will take quite a few hours of work i suspect the woodland scenics pigments are easier to apply being liquid may give those a try aswell

does anyone know if the woodland scenics site delivers to the UK i've found a seller on ebay that sells it but he only has the raw umber and burnt umber not the yellow ochre

I used it, some have not. I think it really is a nice touch. You can get good results with or without it, but it is an easy way to give your weathering some extra texture.

Posted Image

Seth, thanks for sharing this great pic of how you applied Fuller's Earth on your TD Armor. Upon closer inspection I can see how it adds the sandy surface texture to your armor.

• 4 weeks later...

Can you get the woodland Scenics paints from any stores (Walmart etc) in the US? My problem is trying to find it at a good price in Australia. The shipping from the suggested one in Brak's tutorial is insane and My local hobby shops do not have it.

I'm going to be visiting the US in two weeks so I thought if it was easy to get I'd grab some while over There.

I'm going to be visiting the US in two weeks so I thought if it was easy to get I'd grab some while over There.

I don't know of anyone that has found them anywhere off the net, though you could order them and have them sent to your hotel or address you'll be visiting.

Thanks Seth I took Gundamzeppelin's lead and got the same colours in a different brand so i'll see how it goes.

And Gundamzeppelin that armour looks awesome on mate, you've done an amazing job. It must feel oh so sweet to finally dawn the creation

Thanks Seth I took Gundamzeppelin's lead and got the same colours in a different brand so i'll see how it goes.

And Gundamzeppelin that armour looks awesome on mate, you've done an amazing job. It must feel oh so sweet to finally dawn the creation

I'm almost there you got all the right colors right from darkest to lightest

burnt umberm,maple syrup, country tan, country greay, and yellow ocher

• 1 month later...