Helmet Line up Different Types/Makers

Deralis

Rolf,

I'm holding off for a while with the flexy suit's.I need to upgrade my vac table to get consistant pulls as it is terrible stuff to form.

The sandtrooper suit in my pics is the one I made for Phil (nobody) and is from my moulds as they are now.I am remaking some parts that I was not totally happy with,and modding others slightly to be more accurate.I think I will always be modding the moulds,there is always some new detail or funny shape needed to be added.

You can choose any kit you want,sandtrooper,ANH or ESB sormtrooper or you could choose to have all the interchangable parts if you wanted.I'm still using .100 gloss white HIPS until I upgrade my machine.

Give me your email address and I can send you hi-res pics of the sandtrooper suit if you want.

-Paul.

Copy that Paul.

Pm sent

I know of a least four Gino suits.I own one,Brak's old suit,a move along suit, and a kit he sold on ebay not to long ago.Maybe Gino can let us know how many are out there?

I was the one who bought the sandy kit from Gino on ebay. The helmet was already finished by him and it's the best helmet I've seen to date (as far as build and attention to detail).

Since we're on the topic of different makers, I guess I'll offer my opinion on the ones I own/owned. I'm not much of a trooping trooper, more of a display guy. But of course I like to suit up occasionally and walk around the house like any good trooper dweeb. And I'm a total stickler for detail. Here's my takes (these comment aren't intended to stir argument, just my personal observations):

Armor FX/GT TK suit - My first armor, bought from GT back in the 90's. Loved it at the time (it was really the only game in town back then), but have since become a hater. They just look like cartoon bobble-heads to me now. I know there are a million of them out there and many people love them, but I'm just not one of those people. Sold it off, and good riddance. Though I must admit the ABS was very good quality and looked as white on the day I sold it as the day I got it.

AA/SDS stunt helmet - What a soap opera that whole thing turned out to be. I have ANH Stunt #128 and was one of those people who believed the "original molds" hype before all the drama started (and before I found the RPF). I also dug the fact that it was made by the original guy, which I still think is cool, all else aside. Now, after all these years and discussions/revelations/arguments (and after doing a lot of trooper research myself) I personally doubt this helmet is from original molds. That's just my gut feeling, I have no concrete facts either way. In hindsight I wish I would've had more information before I ordered one. If I could return the helmet now and get my money back I would.

Meatsock stunt helmet - I got this off ebay back before I'd ever heard of TE or knew about recasting. This helmet was pre-built and done in ABS, while most of the kits he sold on ebay were HIPS. I still have no facts about whether or not it's a recast (other than TE's ranting), but I can say that it's an absolute piece of crap when compared to any other helmet I've seen. Sloppy build and soft details. I had to do extensive reworking to make it look halfway decent. It looks great in photos but up close you can see how shoddy it really is. Wow, that sounds just like a screen used helmet! If anybody wants to buy it PM me.

TE "glossy" TK suit - These were the later ones Matt made with high gloss styrene. Both the armor and helmet came finished. The helmet is very nice, but sadly after only a year has already started to yellow in some spots and small hairline cracks have appeared on the ears. I've never even worn it or trooped in it, and have kept it carefully stored out of the sun. The helmet also had the wrong neck trim (details, details).

AP stunt helmet - Bought this as a kit. Plastic quality is excellent and it was fun to build and paint one for myself. It's a little smaller than the other helmets I own. I think the small size is due to how the sides of the faceplate were trimmed. The cheek tubes seem shorter (from mouth to ear), so there isn't enough space for all the tube stripe decals to fit before you hit the ear stem. But it's a good looking bucket.

Gino TD suit - As I said, his stuff is the best I've seen. His helmets are flawless. Every piece of trim is accurate and the paintwork is superb. The armor was a kit I still haven't finished trimming and assembling yet. Very nice quality styrene. Someday I'll finish it. I think I just need a Hyperfirm MG-34 to motivate me!

-Todd

THANKS!!! for all you info Todd, its really helps me out.

I really love the mepd for all the info, and good personality/kind and open aka brotherhood.

E.g i know that gino was impossible to get, but i dident know what it was made off.

Also i dont know about meatsock.

I takes a LONG time to create a nice armor, and they are not cheap.

So its more then helpful whit all the info in here for me.

I hope to see more armors whit my own eyes some day e.g a gino, te, sds and tm.

I only seen/own gt (dont like it), and gf and ap (ap is the best ive own).

I love to troop, so i like a strong armor.

But at the same time i wanna have the most accurate armor also.

My two ap first run 80 thick glossy white abs (got them for about 18 mount ago, i think), they are good/strong/sharp and accurate whit me.

Thise are the only two i have, if somthing better comes i sell them, or get some more troops if i can get the money for it.

Thanks for the good spirit in here, i know it can be dangerus to talk about armors. Like or dont like, what to do ex.

But then again, if mepd can do it... Who can.

So long bro´s, and a happy new years night to night.

Rolf

Posted Image

Gino is hard to get (as far as i know).

So maby: Te, ap and tm.

only two GINO suits were ever made publicly available!

TE2 or TM for me!

I know of a least four Gino suits.I own one,Brak's old suit,a move along suit, and a kit he sold on ebay not to long ago.Maybe Gino can let us know how many are out there?

I'd say more like six or seven, as I also own a full Gino set myself, .http://www.yourprops.com/norm-445a36c7623d...A+New+Hope.jpeg

it was a sandtrooper kit when I received but I converted the armour to ESB specs(not the helmet) with parts from our own TM and another armour.

I'll have new pics soon as well as pics of all my helmets, bought two more since that last pic was taken. Do we really need all these things

Happy new year to all.

Posted Image