Pauldron Question

SandtrooperScout

The gray pauldron is to signify the "Dewback Rider" rank, though I don't ever remember seeing this in ANH.

Even the infamous picture/footage that was cut from the movie had the rider with a white pauldron.

I think it comes more form the 1997 Kenner/Hasbro 3 3/4" action figure Dewback w/Sandtrooper box set.

Then someone out there decided to make the pauldron for costuming.

Best I can come up with - anyone else???

• 4 weeks later...

ok I know that this was thread was a while back but, since it was white in the movie, shouldn't be white for the Dewback rider? I know I am splitting hairs, but I have a white pauldron and really would rather wear it. Besides the dirt shows up better!! So help me out here and be honest OK?

Just as a quick FYI - "Official" colors update, the Star Wars dot Com databank lists the following colors and the ranks associated with them.

Sandtroopers wear colored pauldrons as a designation of rank. A stormtrooper sergeant's pauldron is white while an enlisted stormtrooper's pauldron is all black. Squad leaders, who lead units of seven troopers, wear orange shoulder pauldrons.

Regarding the "gray ones", most folks with dewback prods wear the gray. While we are pretty lax re: who wears what color pauldrons for day to day /informal events, most folks do associate the gray with the "Dewback" rider toy.

Tim

Legion CO