Backpack color

weiBes trooper

I know this has probably been asked a million times,but does anybody have a clue to what the real blue color on the packs were? looking at the screen caps there seems to be different color blues,some pics are dark and altered looking and some of the lighter blues look to be the color i remember at the movies when i was a kid and seen it 13 time back in 1977,any body know???

HHHhhhhmmmm,no replies,its either a very stupid question or nobody has a clue..well i found a Humbrol color chart on the internet that seems to have a color that is super close.Its called sea blue 47,since they used Humbrol paints on the helmet,it would seem to me they would use it on the backpack and other props they made,just a thought. http://www.themodelcatalogue.com/acatal ... Paint.html

Rustoleum Country Blue or American Accents Slate Gray. Essentially both the same.

Be interested to know how this was found out.

Cheers

Tony

oh, sorry... I don't know the 'real' color. I posted that as easy alternatives for today's use.

Rustoleum Country Blue or American Accents Slate Gray. Essentially both the same.

Be interested to know how this was found out.

Cheers

Tony

oh, sorry... I don't know the 'real' color. I posted that as easy alternatives for today's use.

No need to apollogise Mike, I was just interested hoping you had found out what was used. We have to research this properly sometime. Be great to know. Hopefully John Mollo will still remember.

I used American Accents Iris Blue, and I think it's pretty close. It's always hard to identify "in-person" colors when they've been filtered through film stock choice, grading during processing, lighting choices, etc.

It would be incredible if Mollo could actually identify the original paint.