Attaching The Shoulder Ammo Pouch

tb9910

After two years of having it from my suspenders, and the shoulder straps....I finally went like the movie suits and attached it to the backpack strap. It seems to work the best over all, but when bending down to talk to a kid or something I find the pouch swinging out and sometimes off the shoulder when i stand back up.

I think i'm going to put a swatch of velcro on the bell and pouch to keep it on the shoulder bell more ...

I originally tried to have mine attach via the backpack's straps, too (like in the movie), but it was very unruly, and kep sliding all over the place. So, I now just use a small loop of nylon strap, with a snap. I'm sure one of those "cord keeper"-types of Velcro things would work great, too. The loop goes around the pouch's loop, then around the shoulder strap of the chest armor.

Posted Image

Backpack or not, mine is always right on my shoulder, always in the same place.

I have mine going through the straps of my pack... Let me explain... The strap of my pack travel through the RING also, thus it holds the pouch close. Also, I have used rivets to secure the BOTTOM strap of the pack to the pouch. Then, as I hook the rest of the pouch/strap on, the RING threads through and holds it close as it snaps in place.

I used those plastic cable tie-up things...I can't remember what their actual name is right now. I drilled two holes in the back of the leather pouch, threaded the cable tie through...a mild pain in the ****, then attached it to the shoulder strap.

• 3 weeks later...

After some testing and re-working, I found that the ammo pouch I have is too heavy to hang off the shoulder strap. It would pull one side of the chest piece down too far and I'd look lopsided. I hung the pouch off the backpack strap now and am waiting for an event to see how it fares.

After some testing and re-working, I found that the ammo pouch I have is too heavy to hang off the shoulder strap. It would pull one side of the chest piece down too far and I'd look lopsided.

Uuuhhhh... that doesn't sound right. Cement blocks do NOT make good ammo pouches. Seriously, though, your chest pieces shouldn't shift around like that, and your ammo pouch shouldn't be all that heavy. Your chest piece and back piece should rest firmly and squarely on your shoulders. What kind of pouch do you have?

Cement blocks do NOT make good ammo pouches.

That would explain the outrageous shipping charges.

I got the pouch off Ebay from a guy who did a limited run and made them out of heavy duty saddle leather. It looks good, but does have some weight to it. It's probably a lot heavier than the MarStar pouches.