TD252 progress MH/SB back pack parts.

Rolf

Here it is.

Heres some shots of my progress.

Ive cut all the parts out. And got it together whit a glue gun.

I will cut the ekstra glue off. And youse a tupe plastic for the eages.

You can then get it nice and flat/round like you want it whit sand paper.

Before you paint it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hot Glue is a little tricky to work with.

So far, I use it to build up bulk on some of the inside lips, to give the Devcon more mass to attach to. I've also been using it to glue all the radio and tool boxes together and that works fine. As long as nothing is going to get torqued or come against a lot of heat, hot glue works fine. (I don't advise using it on any armor parts at all!) You do have to be careful, if you shoot out a lot of hot glue at once, it can melt or distort the plastic. Work in small strips, and let each strip cool before adding more.

Rolf, did you glue your main boxes together already?? You should attach the bottom ones to the frame first, then attach everything to the top boxes, then put them together last. You can't rivet and bolt things with them glued together first.

The best way to work with hot glue is to press a cool towel against the opposite side of the plastic you're applying it to. That'll keep the plastic cool enough that it won't distort at all. For Mike's boxes, I used epoxy putty. It doesn't get hot, it sets in five minutes, and it holds tight as long as you rough up the surface you're adhering to. just FYI. Epoxy putty is the unsung hero of prop building, IMHO.

Looks great so far!

doe the hot glue not melt the plastic?? I tried hot glueing some hovi mic tips to an fx helmet and the glue went staright throught the plastic making a hole..??

No it works perfect, and dos not melt the plastic hips or abs.

The hot glue dos not even hurt when i get it on my hands.

I have done my ap armor whit it also.

I like the idea that you can start over if i like, get the glue and weathering off and make it maby better if you like.

Hot Glue is a little tricky to work with.

So far, I use it to build up bulk on some of the inside lips, to give the Devcon more mass to attach to. I've also been using it to glue all the radio and tool boxes together and that works fine. As long as nothing is going to get torqued or come against a lot of heat, hot glue works fine. (I don't advise using it on any armor parts at all!) You do have to be careful, if you shoot out a lot of hot glue at once, it can melt or distort the plastic. Work in small strips, and let each strip cool before adding more.

Rolf, did you glue your main boxes together already?? You should attach the bottom ones to the frame first, then attach everything to the top boxes, then put them together last. You can't rivet and bolt things with them glued together first.

Yeah i glue them together to make them "stronger", because i will glue the back on my home made light pvc pipe frame (whit some fat stripes to hold on too). And then glue a thin black foam at last, so its dos not skratz the armor and nice to wear.

One thing i like about the hot glue is, that you can take apart again if you like (you just have to get it real cold e.g out side in the winter, or refrigerator).

looks great so far!

what about your intake manifold? isn´t it glued the wrong way around or am i looking the wrong angle?

Thanks Rocko.

I just put it up quick.

Its not glued together yet (dont worry).

But thanks for the inspector work my friend.

looks great....it looks like you have one extra burger stacker too, if you are going for accuracy i think its supposed to be 4 not 5....still fantastic though!!!

Only 4, thanks my friend.

I dident know that.

looks great so far!

what about your intake manifold? isn´t it glued the wrong way around or am i looking the wrong angle?

Now i have done it the right way.

Thanks Rocko.

Posted Image

looks great....it looks like you have one extra burger stacker too, if you are going for accuracy i think its supposed to be 4 not 5....still fantastic though!!!

Only 4, thanks my friend.

I dident know that.

And now whit only 4 burger stackers, thanks once again my friend.

And thanks for all the nice replys.

I been loving the storm troopers since i was a child.

And therefor study them for a life time.

But the pack is a new challenge for me, and we dont got much real good ref pictures to go after on it.

Therefor i think its so cool every one in here is trying to help out in the best way thet can, to get the best result out off it for every one.

Ive done all the parts i got here now.

So i have to find the rest of the parts to finish up asap.

Hope to be done whit it in about two weeks from now, and join in for deployed.

MEPD here i come asap, finally.

All the best from here, and a nice weekend to all my sandy bro´s out there.

Regards.

Rolf

Posted Image

Thanks my friend, iam trying my best here .

dont have a scout frame, i will try to see if i can make one out of pvc pipe (cheaper, lighter ex, if i cant make it, i will try to find the real one).

The two hardest parts to make for me, will be:

The frame and maby the bee stinger.