Celebration 3

bamatrooper

OK since i know 99% of us are probably going, and since the official 501st picture is scheduled for Saturday AM ( IE CANON ONLY COSTUMES AND as many stormtroopers for the pic as possible) .. why don't we all plan to wear our MEPD or TD gear on Sat?? am at least???

I'd really like to gather all of the TD's and do a MEPD group pic after the 501st pic if we have time...

I think it would be a great thing to have since this is the once in a lifetime gathering of so many of us....

I'll speak with the 501st photographer about shooting one for the detachment after the 501st pic if everyone here agree's that this is the best time durig the convention to declare as TD armor time!!

thoughts???

Bamatrooper

TD-152

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great idea, we should definately do a detachment photo on sat. After the big picture would be great, however- last time after the picture, everyone went into the convention center, and dispersed off to whatever it was they were doing. Might it be better to try to pull this off beforehand? At C2 everyone met in one of the hotel lobbies. Maybe we could agree to all get there early for a MEPD shot? If the 501 photographer isn't available, my friend George who is going with me is a photographer, and will have his cameras along.

Well, obviously, I'm planning on wearing my TD gear. I'm a sandtrooper, first and foremost. I now have all the trimmins' too! Knee plate, ab, lewis gun, etc!

Hopefully I can build a more canon bacpack by then too.

Plus, the "admiral" (my wife) will most likely be wearing her TD gear as well on Saturday! Yes, she's getting trooper armor and immediately converting it to a nice dirty sandtrooper!

I love my wife.

BTW...Who is planning on attending the 501st/Rebel scum mixer thing Friday night? I plan on being there, and I'd love to share stories and drinks with my fellow dirty boys!

Saturday sounds like the easiest to do considering we're all gonna be there anyway. Even if we can't get the offcial photographer to stick around for us, I'm sure one of us will be bringing a a good camera that can take a high-res picture. I'm also pretty sure one of us knows someone who isn't in armor that can take the picture.

Usually after something like that, a lot of the garrisons and squads want pictures, too. Plus, many of us will probably have to get back to the convention, and work. I say getting a picture beforehand may be the best idea. There was a lot of "just standing around" time, at C2 before the picture.

Okay, Officers (yanno, like police offers and such), who is going to C3, AND has signed up to volunteer?

In other words, if you're volunteering, but haven't entered your name in the MEPD database, please do so immediately so we can try to coordinate everything on our end of things, and hopefully lighten Tim's burden a little.

Here's the link to the database:

http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/MEPD/...eportRows&tbl=5

Thanks,

TD-0013,

XO MEPD

yeah looks like we might can snag a pic Sat morning while everyone is lining up for the 501st pic.

If i can see the future, I'll bet we will line up in costume preferences anyway so when we march to the RCA dome., we can file up the steps with sandies in the back as usual. This means we will be grouping the TD's together anyway in staging our march to the RCA dome.. a good time to shoot our pic..

-Joey

I would like to check out the mixer on Friday night. Where is it at?

I am moving into a new house and I can't access any of the yahoo boards

here at work. Who do I need to contact to show up for my post as a volunteer?

Yes. Like at C2 there will be a manditory weapons check. Currently they are working on something to tag checked weapons with other than a sticker like used at C2, the proposed solution is a tagged zip tie of some kind...

• 3 weeks later...

I wouldn't worry about the weapons deal. They had the same set up at C2, and everything was fine.

As for badges, I'm not aware of anything, and I'm certainly not as good a graphic artist as some others, but I'd be happy to take a whack at designing one for the MEPD.

Trick is, I can't produce them though.

That being said, if no one has any objections, I'll start work on one.