Uber Accurate Pauldron! (perhaps)

i think the color looks just right!

actually i think most of the colors in the movie were slightly lighter than we see it on screen. i assume they had to tone down the tunisia scenes a little because the sunlight must have been very, very light in the middle of a ocean of sand! i was in tunisia about 8 years ago and it was too light to see without sunglasses on...

i can´t wait to get a SB pauldron...

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think the color looks just right!

actually i think most of the colors in the movie were slightly lighter than we see it on screen. i assume they had to tone down the tunisia scenes a little because the sunlight must have been very, very light in the middle of a ocean of sand! i was in tunisia about 8 years ago and it was too light to see without sunglasses on...

i can´t wait to get a SB pauldron...

It depends on film stock, aperture, blah blah blah. but USUALLY, too much light blows colors out and makes them higher value (i.e. - more white content). Too much light is rarely a problem with film cameras, though, since you can always stop them down or filter them. Too little light - that's harder. You also have to figure in the grading that was done to the film when it was developed and printed.

The bottom line is, since we don't have a physical reference, it's all in the mind's eye. When they digitally graded ANH for the cursed special edition, the ramped the color saturation up on almost everything.

As of this past Friday he didn't get to it yet. I'm going to stop by again tomorrow and bother him some more since I have a possible change to make. Which is for the best, I was recently lent something that could make this project just a bit better.

I have him on hold, I need to stop into his shop with a possible revision. Unfortunately he is only in there from 10-3 M-F right now. So it was impossible for me to get there this week. I am going there Tuesday with some info for him, and hopefully I can get him to commit to having something for me by the end of the week. I told him I would need a bunch of them once I had the proto, I have a feeling he is trying to move a couple jobs out the door before he gets to this. Keep an eye on the thread, I'll post info as soon as I have it.

I can nail that part now, they are costing $75 to have made by this guy, then I need to add the strapping/snaps/rivets. Add in shipping, and they will cost $85 each. I will also fit the collar to your measurements. They will be very well made with excellent materials. I hope that I can say its a faithful reproduction of the real pauldrons when it is finished. I am doing it as a cost project for the betterment of the group. I might take away enough to buy myself a cup of coffee (no fancy stuff either ) every third pauldron. That will last for the foreseeable future. This will be an ongoing thing, so no panic if you don't have it right away.

Seth,

Posted Image

Just a cup of coffee huh? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I need to see receipts.

Hey, I said nothing fancy, I didn't say how much of the regular stuff I'd be getting though. I plan on being transparent in pricing since I am putting this out as a "cost project". So I think part of this is posting receipts and so on.

Just thought I'd chime in to express my interest in one of these pauldrons . . . and I dont even have any armor yet haha.

but still you have a really cool avatar!

I made my avatar and sig in photoshop and flash . . . I love drawing on the computer At the moment Im working on a Family Guy parody of the Carbon Freezing Chamber scene from ESB because its the funniest show and they are forever spoofing Star Wars.

Back on topic (sorry mods ) . . . I'd probably preffer a white or orange pauldron