Strips.....

TD-4510

I am cutting my strips soon. I was wondering if I need to cut them to 3/4 inches wide or 7/8 inches wide. I have heard both now... I am not really sure what size to cut them. Does anyone know?

The strips I am referring to are the ones on the back and front of the thighs and forearms and biceps and calves....

• 7 months later...

Here is what I use-

15mm strips on both forearms and biceps

20mm strips on the thighs

18mm front of shins and 20mm on the back.

Hope that helps

OK, I'm in the trimming process now. I'm deathly afraid that I'm going to trim too much off of my AP armor. May of the pieces that get glued together have raised flat edges about 23mm wide. It looks like the two halves butt together and the strips are glued to the top affixed to both halves of the raised flat edges. This would give me an untrimmed area of 46mm when butted together. Am I to use a strait edge and xacto knife to cut each of the flat areas prior to butting them up? Example: Using TM's instructions - When cutting the thighs, I should leave 10mm raised flats on each side to butt together under the 20mm strip and then glue?

Thanks,

Steve

Yes that's right but I usually add 1-2mm extra at first so I can test fit them and trim more off if necessary. I mark off say 12mm on the thighs and use a strip to mark a straight line with a pencil and trim off with a dremel sanding wheel. Then butt up the two halves and see how the mate up. You can then adjust as needed