Anh over lap?

Rolf

Ill got two autentic props armors (only my TD is done), ive never seen a TE or a GINO in real life. So ive have nothing to compare whit.

My question is about the over lap on the legs and armes/biceps.

On the AP you can see the over lap to put the two parts together whit on the legs, arms ex.

So... My question is...

Should i cut the over lap off and put them together whit the strips, or is it ok like ive done it. Ill just put them together like they is, and ill cut out the ekstra plastic out to the right strips, and put them on over the over lap.

PPpppuuummm... What do you bro´s think for accurate anh look ( ill know that my one strip on the legs should end a bit more for accurateness):???: .

Hope you can see what ill mean on the pictures here.

Regards

Rolf Posted Imagewink:

I used ANH strips everywhere on my AP. I know there has been some debate about this but I can tell you from trying it both ways there is just no comparison. The strips make a HUGE difference in your armor. You should have gotten a second manual from AP on the strip method. It is real easy to do and the armor actually feels much more sturdy with the strips as well. The best way is to trim both seams or laps and join them down the middle with strips. How much you trim will depend on your build.

i agree, cutting roughly half off each side then butting up and applying the strip. becuase i have stick legs i did have to trim a awfull lot off the back to get a nice look and feel. the legs are very tapered at the bottom now and hug the knee quite comfortably. i only did the strip on one side of the bicep pieces though. i may go back and re-do them as they are still a little wide on the arm.

Ill might re do it, even thoug its allmost right. Ill only got a little over lab and then then stripe over it, just in case my legs ex are bigger in 2057 .

Its strange that the stripe dosent go all the way down on the legs in ANH, ill done it so it goes all the way down.

Is that wrong, is it all the TK´s and TD´s who got there stripe stop before the edge.

Posted Image

my strips stop before the edge on my AP. not sure why they were done that way. all reference shots seem to show the butted edges at the bottom of the thigh pieces. My SDS thighs have the strip going all the way to the bottom which i may try to trim for accuracy.

my strips stop before the edge on my AP. not sure why they were done that way. all reference shots seem to show the butted edges at the bottom of the thigh pieces. My SDS thighs have the strip going all the way to the bottom which i may try to trim for accuracy.

Thanks once again Simon, ill might do that too.

Take care and the best weekend to you when it comes, iam off duty here.

Posted Image

My advice when building armor is when your building each piece look at as many screen caps as you can for each piece as you build each piece.The only way to get screen accurate is to copy what was in the movie.Brak's ref cd is a excellent scoure for screen caps.

My advice when building armor is when your building each piece look at as many screen caps as you can for each piece as you build each piece.The only way to get screen accurate is to copy what was in the movie.Brak's ref cd is a excellent scoure for screen caps.

Copy that, ill got the cd.

The best way I've found to separate parts that have been hot-glued is to put them in the freezer for a bit. It makes the glue brittle and just pops off with a little twist of the armor. I have had to do this a few times on the legs as my weight has fluctuated.

It might ruin your weathering because of condensation, though.

Dear Rolf,

I own SDS armor - when I got it - the strips went down all the way to the bottom. I hated this because it is not like ANH. So I used a modeling Saw and cut a line, above the bottom trim of the upper leg armor. Then I sanded down the Strip below. I did it this way because the person who put the armor together at SDS did a sloppy job of cutting out the legs and the right and left sides were not flush underneath the added stripps. When I felt it was down enough to make a visual difference - I used and exacto knife to cut a part line in the plastic to look like a right and left side to the armor. The problem with all of this is - SDS like my former armor GF and I believe your armor Ap - is flat down there (above the knee). If you look at ANH pictures the armor is rounding above the knee at this joint. See my pictures below.

Thanks,

jack vartuli

redfox@optonline.net

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Dear Rolf,

I just went back and read the entire thread - the reason the stripps stopped above the trim (that is above the knee) is because that edge is slightly raised there and rounded. It would have been impossible to make the strips go to the bottom. Look closely at ANH pictures and you will see this. Most kit armors are copied from Jedi armor - this area has been cut and flattend to overlap. You can see that in my SDS kit and I know GF was like this and what I've seen of AP armor its the same too. When you cut stripps and add them on this type of armor the problem is - that area is still flat and not rounded and slightly raised like the original in ANH. When I see pictures of TE armor it looks like he has compensated for this when he made his armor - to make it correct. If you look at Mikes photo reference picture above you will see what I'm talking about. I believe he owns TE armor too and could tell us if it is done correctly on his kit. TrooperMaster also has done this correctly in his armor. I hope this helps.

thanks,

jack v.

RedFox@optonline.net