A TD BOOT!! OOORAH!

Really not interested in starting a debate on the screen accuracy of soles.

Just thought this was more fitting to a TD then the flat bottom deck shoes of the star destroyer and imperial base living TK. A TD would never be issued those imho. Hope you guys like them.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

There probably the same ones that you have. There just Caboots I had them re-soled. I also sanded them down with 220 grit to take the shine off but the guy that did the soles polished them before he gave them back even though I asked him not to. He did not speak much english and its cool because I am stoked with the soles. I then added gel inserts and their finished. I have actually slipped before in the stupid flat bottoms and I don't think traction will be an issue now.

Good idea. I added a 5" sports zipper to the stretchy part to make it easier to put on and take off.

Did you get someone to do that for you, or just do it yourself? That's a great idea. I have a really hard time getting in and out of my caboots.

Screen-acurate or not, I think it's a cool idea... and I'm sure it's one of those things that George would've said, "Their shoes would've looked like this if we had the budget, etc."

I'm going to look into this idea, too.

Good idea. I added a 5" sports zipper to the stretchy part to make it easier to put on and take off.

Did you get someone to do that for you, or just do it yourself? That's a great idea. I have a really hard time getting in and out of my caboots.

Well, uh the missus actually did the sewing since she's a lot faster and neater than me .

Basically you cut straight down the middle of the elastic part and sew a zipper half to either side - pretty straightforward actually. Mine were double stitched for a stronger attachment. Now I can get these on and off faster than my regular shoes.

Screen-acurate or not, I think it's a cool idea... and I'm sure it's one of those things that George would've said, "Their shoes would've looked like this if we had the budget, etc."

I'm going to look into this idea, too.

That was my thought as well Mike.

The brand of soles my guy put on are Vibram.

• 4 weeks later...

sell them on ebay and get Mark C boots

How do you make the boots fit better? I have a size 8 that I bought from caboots because they don't sell a size 7. So, they're a bit big. How do I fit them better aside from stuffing a sock in the front of the boot.

How do you make the boots fit better? I have a size 8 that I bought from caboots because they don't sell a size 7. So, they're a bit big. How do I fit them better aside from stuffing a sock in the front of the boot.

You could always try adding an insert, like those gel soles. That's not gonna help you make the shoe shorter, but it might tighten them up a bit.

• 2 months later...

You could always try adding an insert, like those gel soles. That's not gonna help you make the shoe shorter, but it might tighten them up a bit.

Or leave the paper in them.

• 2 weeks later...

I took my boots to a Cobbler store and they had the Vibram's in stock! So guess whose getting some new soles baby?!

I'll post the pics once I get them done. He said that it should be done by next Friday. I'll take the 220 grit thing into consideration because my guy didn't speak English as well. FYI- It's gonna cost 62.00 after taxes... Can't wait!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...