Galactic Industries' latest model, the E-11A3

Stomper

• 4 weeks later...

***UPDATE***

Once again Troops, I appreciate your patience and continued support in this project!

I'm now castsing the pistol grips, and currently have TEN molded up with one more curing in the mold! With the bit of extra resin left over from each pour, I'm pouring a Hovi-Mix Aerator as well, so I'll have a few of those available as well! I'm thinking $10 (includes shipping to USA & PayPal) for just the areator body without the screens or screws, and $20 (includes shipping to USA & PayPal) fully assembled and ready to install onto your bucket... but THAT will be a subject for a seperate thread when I have enough stock ready to offer.

I'm taking the next two days off from work, so I'll post pictures tomorrow when I plan to have most if not all of the pistol grips finished, then it's time to start assembling some of these bad boys!! B)

• 2 weeks later...

***UPDATE***

Siiiigh..... ok Troops yet another "OMG, this will make a HUGE improvement" after thought, and yet more photos of the end results. One reason I'm taking so danged long to get these out the door is when I first thought this project through, I had certain established construction methods and materials established. As I have been mass producing all these parts, I keep finding better ways to either make a part, or improve the details. This latest part is a combination of the way I have always built these, combined with a casting I took of a REAL Stering SMG that's sitting in my workshop! The result is a MUCH more accurate muzzle! Like I've said more than a few times, the wait WILL BE worth it!

These pictures are of the new & improved muzzle that is 5 minutes from the mold.... I think I like it!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• 1 month later...

***UPDATE***

OK, troops here is the final production prototype, unfortunately THIS ONE is not acceptable for you (the end use clients), because I did a few experimental assembly techniques that make it a tad more fragile than what YOU will receive, plus I ran short of the rubber t-rail and couldn't make a greeblie for the bottom left set of holes! I'm getting closer to cranking out the first few! Hope this keeps your E-11 appetites whetted for while longer!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And just so you can see how it stacks up against the real thing, here it is next to a demilled Sterling SMG that I borrowed from a garrison mate... I'm going to pimp his Sterling out in the ANH version.... after I make a FULL mold of it for future projects... like rubber E-11's for instance! There are some subtle differences, but its pretty danged close for being completely scratch-built with Internet photos as my only reference!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ah, Tony...

I'm still waiting patiently like a good little boy...for Santa to bring me a awesome E-11 blaster!

Actually, I'm waiting for you to "fine tune" the ANH version and get rockin & rollin on the ESB/ROTJ E-11s!!!

T

Heya Guns!!

I certainly appreciate your (and everyone else's') patience. I have had a pretty full plate in my "civilian" life, but have not forgotten this project. Bear with me, things are moving slowly ATM, but they ARE moving. For what its worth, I have the ESB/ROTJ master patterns almost ready.

I also had a rare opportunity to make a mold of a garrison mate's Biker Scout blaster, so I had to take advantage of that limited time chance while I still had it. I've been selling these recently to refill the "operating" coffers, as the wife has put her foot down (ATM) on my "out of pocket" expenditures concerning my Galactic Industries venture. Soooo..... I'm trying to get this hobby to start funding itself. The momentum is gaining!!

Here's a few photos of the Biker Scout blaster. I just sold 4 this weekend and they're $65 (includes USA shipping and PayPal):

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hey T-Man!!!

I just noticed that your very first post was made on September 18, 2006, exactly one year to the day...

How's the project progressing so far?

I can't wait to get my grubbee little mitts on that ESB blaster for the FISD!

T

LOL... sheesh, time doth flyeth.... it was about this time last year that me and the family were in Australia for three weeks!! Right now I'm up in Seattle, WA on work related business.

OK, to answer your question- I have just about everything I need (patterns, molds, procedure, etc.) to make any version E-11, except for the front muzzle of the ROTJ version as it's "flat" compared to the muzzle of the ANH and ESB versions which "protrudes" for the mounting ring of a bayonet. I'm also contemplating tweaking the shape of the trigger guard to a slightly more "squarish" look for the ROTJ version, and then make a master mold for that as well.

In the end there will be around TEN "canon" versions available; 7- ANH, 1- ESB and 2- ROTJ (square or half round channels on the barrel), five different scope options, and whatever custom mix-match versions a trooper may want to order.... how's THAT for a bunch of confusing options?

I've even SUCCESFULLY cast my own rubber version of a Scout Blaster that now resides with the CO of the Singapore Garrison. I plan on eventually making rubber E-11's and conducting a naming contest for my "Hyperfrim" version, awarding the winner their own rubber E-11!