Screen accurate stuff, hot or not...

Rolf

Ill got two AP´s (autentic props anh stunt helmet version 80 thick abs plastic).

Ill know that AP comes from TE (60 thick hips) or GINO mold, and that its the same armor.

Besides the biceps is the same right and left, and one skin bone is the same on the left inner side.

TE should be a re mold of a return of the jedi body to anh, whit an anh helmet.

Ill think AP, TM is one of the best armors you can buy right now, when you can not have e.g TE2 or GINO as far as i know.

Or if TE2 gonna be the same armor as TE, when its ready for sale (helmet version ex).

Maby TM is one of the best in some way e.g, he got the arms and shouldes right.

11 on tne left arm, and 12 on the right. And the stripes on the shoulder goes down in a wide way on the right.

Gino ill do not have much knowless about, or where its comes from ex (ill think its comes from TE).

Ill heard about SDS aka AA armor, is it Andrew A full armor.

Ill rember he was selling only helmets, but not a full armor kit.

Are there some one who has a full SDS aka AA armor kit, if so what do they think about it accurate ex.

And now germany made movie-fx an armor look like TE,GINO,TM, SDS, AP.

Maby ill got somthing wrong, Ill think ill know the most about TE and AP/GF history.

But if sombody can shear some knowless on some of the armors right to be called screen accurate (or where to get it ex), ill be happy to hear in here whit the rest of my sandy brothers.

Peace out bro´s.

Oh my, let's all keep this civil if we can. I'll share what I know;

TE moulded the Jedi suit, and two different ANH helmets. he re-worked the armor a little and the result was his early stuff, the GF2 and the Gino stuff. Now, both Gino & GF made some changes, but I know little of Gino's stuff except for the chest plate has/had the proper straps at teh top. GF most notably over-cleaned the helmet, resulting in a unique look to the original GF2 helmets. TE cast more parts from a tour suit (and some form another Jedi suit?), and that rounded out what his looked like, up to present and continuing over to TE2. Tha AP moulds are allegedly the same moulds as GF, however back when GF was sued the moulds were allegedly destroyed/ returned to LFL as part of the settlement. So, I think AP is most likely a re-cast (possibly sanctioned) of GF2, and AP did further work to the helmet, possibly resculpting, or re-casting a TE or Gino. This resulted in a more accurate faceplate, although the cap & back seem unchanged from GF2. So, which of them is most accurate? I would say TE2 if I had to give a simple answer. Unfortunately, no one has ever cast an ANH suit, so even all of these that share a screen-linage are also supplemented by original work, and restoration.

As far as TM is concerned, it is an original sculpt, and easily the most accurate original sculpt out there. It also has the "political" benefit of not being involved in the TE/GF, etc linage.

The most accurate helmet would undoubtedly be the TE2, having come from real helmets. Gino also makes helmets from the same linage moulds, and in addition completely finishes them after ANH styling.

AA offers a helmet "from original moulds" however that has been in dispute for some time, and will likely be forever. His armor appears to be a cobbled together collection, mostly re-cast from a TE rotj set & a GF2 set, supplemented by original sculpt pieces, and possibly some restored moulds, and casts of orignal skins (skins are thin plastic pulls, left on a mould to protect it during storage). He also seems to continue re-sculpting and working on parts, most notably the ab plate, that changed a little after a 20-some page thread on the RPF last year about his armor. All in all it's not a bad set, & while it seems a little pricey, it does come fully assembled, strapped, and glossy.

In closing, please keep in mind some of this is my opinion, however most of it has been culled from a couple years of following this stuff and talking to a lot of people and reading a lot of threads about trooper armor. Play nice everyone!

i will just say that TM's suit is near faultless in capturing every little nuance of the ANH suits. no detail, however minor has been overlooked even down to what could be considerd the original sculpt flawes.

Jez made a good point about lineage that made me think though. However in-accurate the suits from all current "accurate" makers are, they do share a special bond by being related in some way to a screen used suits.

i'm happy with both my suits (well as happy as one can be without owning a TE2 *ahem*)

I believe the two helmets TE owned were ANH.

On second thought, I think you're right. One definately was ANH, but I was thinking one of them was ESB. (one was used for cap & back, the other for ears). I could be wrong though on them not both being ANH. Matt- I'm sure your reading , correct me if I'm wrong.

On second thought, I think you're right. One definately was ANH, but I was thinking one of them was ESB. (one was used for cap & back, the other for ears). I could be wrong though on them not both being ANH. Matt- I'm sure your reading , correct me if I'm wrong.

No, both were ANH. And actually_so I've been told_Matt only owned one of them, while he was sorta a 'go between' for the second one. In recent years each were being referred to by their current owners, both of whos names escape me at the moment. Matt G, Gino or Braks should be able to eleaborate on this.

No, both were ANH. And actually_so I've been told_Matt only owned one of them, while he was sorta a 'go between' for the second one. In recent years each were being referred to by their current owners, both of whos names escape me at the moment. Matt G, Gino or Braks should be able to eleaborate on this.

your thinking about the dave m.(TE´s 2nd helmet) and brian r. (TE´s first helmet) helmets.

I think GF was the first one to bring out a replica ANH suit.I'm sure Matt gave him 'permission' to recast one of his ROTJ suit's and GF reworked and cleaned up the cast's.GF's helmet was way overworked and looked totally off to me,especially the cap and back.Shortly after TE brought out an ANH suit which looked to share 'some' of GF's part's.

Gino bought TE's ROTJ moulds and made a copy of his ANH helmet mould.I think Gino probably copied and reworked the ROTJ moulds to make ANH armour.Gino's ANH helmet IS the most accurate copy available IMO and far out shine's any TE.

AP looks to be ever changing to me.While it is a nice suit (they all are by the way) they are far from accurate.I don't mean any disrespect to any makers,but they all either don't know all the details of an ANH suit,or they just haven't incorporated them into their moulds.They all feature ROTJ tells and have some kind of discrepancies.

When I first started making my suit's,I just wanted to make a nice set of ROTJ armour but then I turned my attention to making an ANH suit.I started noticing many differencies from the originals and the GF (the best at the time) and it's been my goal ever since to make the most accurate suit possible.I've had lots of help over the years from members giving me dimensions and pics of there suit's to help me get everything right.TE has helped me out too,giving advice along the way.So,even though mine is an original sculpt,I think it's the most accurate replica out there.There is not one ROTJ feature on my suit at all unlike all the other's.That's not to say mine is perfect,and I hope I don't sound like a big head because that's not my intention,just that I want to make an accurate ANH suit and have no 'thing' about being the best out there.

The MFX armour from Germany I believe is another recast of TE's ROTJ.Guidon has shown me pics of his supposed 'original' suit,but I would say it's a TE recast.MFX has totally over worked the suit and has taken away the original look he has tried to capture.

AA/SDS IMO is a mixture of a TE ROTJ and GF2.I've seen his suit's personally and there is no way they are from the original moulds,be it ANH or ROTJ.AA told me what I wanted to hear and had an answer for everything I threw at him.It is a well made suit though,comes assembled and strapped,but has gone up in price lately.

This is what I know,think or have been told about armour out there.Don't take any of it as gospel and at the end of the day,only you can make up your own mind on which armour you think is the best

Thanks for the info bro´s.

Ill know is a dangerus question to ask.

But then again, if you can ask that quiestions in here.... Where else.

The spirit on sandtrooper.net is kind and helpfull... allways, a true friend ship world wide by sand troopers.

And questions like this can help people to get the best armor for them self ex.

Ill wish the best from here to all the makers and deepest respect for them doing it, iam just a buyer not a maker.

Iam 33 years and see the old movies again and again and over and over.

So ill know how a trooper should look like, but ill dont have the knowless/history behind it like e.g : Brakes Buddy, Matt/TE, GION, Jez, Paul/troopermaster, Mike and Seth ex.

Eny way thats why ill join in here at the first place, for trooper knowless and now brotherhood. {SMILIES_PATH}/duim.gif

Best regards from here troops. {SMILIES_PATH}/salute.gif

This is probably the single best thread I've ever seen on this topic and it's great that people are willing to share their objective knowledge.

I hope people don't mind if I post copies of this over on WAN, as it's a great summary to share with the TK folks.

This is probably the single best thread I've ever seen on this topic and it's great that people are willing to share their objective knowledge.

I hope people don't mind if I post copies of this over on WAN, as it's a great summary to share with the TK folks.

Yeah we all love ower costume, some off us want to up grade it ex.

And this is they way to do it ill think, buy sharing knowless as friends.

I know that a maker or a owner maby like he´s own armor best.

But ill think its so cool that people dont go in defence, but take it as adults and sharing what we all love... Storm troopers.

Peace out my sandy bro´s.

Dear Rolf,

I own and SDS (AKA AA armor) it is not screen accurate! It is put together very well and has a nicer strapping system (meaning the straps hold the armor together very well from falling apart) than other kits but it is not accurate at all.

I've owned 2 GF kits, an FX kit, and Marco entertainment kit. I started with the Marco entertainment armor in 1991, - then bought the FX kit in 2000, and sold the Marco. I then purchased my first GF kit in 2003 and sold the FX kit. Then I was trying purchase a Gino helmet but know one would put me in touch with him to do so - so I found another GF kit available in 2004 and bought it to make a sandtrooper. At that point the AA Armor came available - I sold my extra GF kit to pay for the AA armor. When I recieved my AA armor I sold my other set of GF armor. I'm saving up for troopermaster armor and I plan to turn my AA into a sandtrooper.

AA makes a nice set of armor - but if you want Screen Accurate - it's not for you.

Thanks,

jack v

RedFox@optonline.net