Move Along Pack side tubes Info/Pics

bearden6521

I finished the side tubes for my MH-SB Move Along pack...thought I would share the idea and pics for those that still need to do so. Once again, this idea originated from MH! Thanks Mike

1) 1/2" PVC pipe cut to 2" inch lengths (You'll need five pieces)

2) Strip of plastic to glue them to...I used E6000 to glue the PVC tubes to a strip of plastic. The strip of plastic I used measures 1 1/4" wide by 4" long. I used a CD jewel case plastic cover and cut it down to size.

3) Window screening doubled up and cut into circles with a slightly larger diameter than the inside of the 1/2" PVC. I used a 1/2" dowel rod to push the screening through. Once it was positioned, I shot some hot glue down through the tube from the back side of it and let it run down the inside of the tube. It came into contact with the screening and secured it. The dowel rod is left over from my boy scout frame modification...anything will work to push the screening through the tube...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

4) Plastic cut into circles roughly the size of the 1/2" PVC and glued into place with E6000. I used thin plastic that you can use from pretty much anything that is packaged. This particular plastic was from a "chicken of the sea" chicken salad with crackers individual sized pack!

Posted Image

Here they are glued in place...you can see a mess of E6000 showing thru the plastic.

Posted Image

5) Sprayed both ends of the tubing with Krylon Fusion Satin Black so the screening and plastic covers matched the rest of the tubing...I had painted the tubes previously. It's a good idea to paint them first so the insides of the tubes are black.

Here are pics of the final result...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I used the pics below to determine the positioning of the tubes when I glued them to the strip of plastic. I allowed the E6000 to dry overnight before finishing off this project:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Wow trooper, nice work. Keep it up, hope to see more.

In a short while ill gonna do my own, and first back pack out of Seth and Mike´s parts.

So more info on this, yes pleace. Peace out.