BB tutorial- Fullers earth

TD281

Hi there guys,

im well on the way to finishing my brothers AP TD armour but i have one little question in regards to the weathering.

Im wondering how exactly to apply the fullers earth to the armour. Do you first spray on the hair spray then apply the fullers earth??? Do you need to add water to the application??? And what tool do you use to apply it???

A quick run down of how you did it would be great!

Sorry im a new be in regards to weathering TD armour..... but i did a fett and the weathering of that was alot different.

Cheers guys thanks for your help!!!

Spray hair spray on first.

Using a larger sized paint brush (about 1/2" to 3/4" in diameter), get some fullers on it and shake it off so it isn't overloaded. I used a round shaped bristled brush although I don't think it matters too much.

Lightly tap the brush by the handle over your armor. It will lightly dust your armor and stick to the hairspray.

On certain areas of your choice, you can dust it heavier.

Once your done, You use papertowels or a sponge to dab (lift) the fullers back off.

I found that in the areas where you apply more fullers and dabbed it off, it makes it look really crusty and authentic!

This info was provided by TD6025 (Seth) a couple months ago to me. Thanks again SB!

Good luck trooper

...Do you first spray on the hair spray then apply the fullers earth???...

Yeap.

To be more exact, I apply hair spray in small sections (like the dome of the helmet), then lightly 'dust' the Fullers on. Just use an old brush that's about 1/2 in. wide... go very lightly and work in small increments. I hold the brush about ten inches away while dusting it on. Do that few times to get a desired base look, then actually brush some on in areas you want more 'dirt'.

I can not stress enough to go very lightly on the gray stuff!

The next and last step is one not documented by Braks. I like to take a damp cloth and pat off excess and create natural weathering patterns, then follow up with maybe some more dusting.

• 2 weeks later...