Back Pack Frame PVC Pipe?

Ryan C.

Can one make the backpack frame out of PVC pipe and if so, has anyone published a plan with lengths and angles figured out?  I've looked, but maybe not in the right spots?

I made mine from pvc electrical conduit. I found some measurements for the karrimor totem here and made a couple jigs to get the angles right. Then heated up sand to form the pipes shape. Worked really well and quite a lot cheaper than finding and shipping a vintage totem to Canada.
It was a few yrs back, so you may have to scroll a ways, or Google karrimore totem dimensions. That's how I found them.
Best of luck.

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
I made mine from pvc electrical conduit. I found some measurements for the karrimor totem here and made a couple jigs to get the angles right. Then heated up sand to form the pipes shape. Worked really well and quite a lot cheaper than finding and shipping a vintage totem to Canada.
It was a few yrs back, so you may have to scroll a ways, or Google karrimore totem dimensions. That's how I found them.
Best of luck.

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk

Man I’d love to see pics of the jig you made too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk