4" Tupperware Pitcher Lid

bearden6521

I noticed that the pitcher lid on some of the packs seem a little large. I presume that it is 5" diameter. I came across a 4" diameter pitcher lid and scarfed it up at a yardsale last weekend. I didn't give it much thought at the time but once I looked at the pic from the movie (below) I thought maybe they used a 4" instead of the 5" one that some troopers seem to be using? Any thoughts on this one?

Posted Image

Another alternative for the dome to the hamburger stackers is the 4" lid...you would have to cut the top lip off and come up with some kind of button to slide over it (perhaps a correctly sized PVC end cap)...I'm still using the vac formed MH part for my pack but this seems to be a good subsitute and it fits perfectly. The downfall to this is that it's more flat than curved to resemble a "dome".

Posted Image

Posted Image

Harry

Here are two pics of the parts I've preped so far for the Move Along pack. I'm still searching for a suitable "stinger". The one in the pics seems too thick and too pointy on each of it's ends...I just threw it in the pics to get an idea of how it all looks together. I'll have a better idea of what to use once I have the MH part for the beestinger dome. I think I have everything ready to go for the most part except for the left side tube thing. I'm going to build that once I have the MH parts and SB boxes.

I built the side pole for the manifold today. I used a funnel that came with a red gas can that I purchased at Wal Mart last summer! It already had a lip on the thick end of it. I cut the top portion off and ran a piece of 1/2" PVC through it. The bottom is a plastic tube from a travel size shampoo bottle! It is all held together with E6000 and hot glue. I used some bondo to blend the funnel into the 1/2" PVC. It was sprayed with Krylon Fusion satin black paint once constructed...once again the idea totally from Mike!!!

I never used bondo before today. It was pretty easy stuff to work with troopers...have no fear!

1) beestinger dome (bottom of pitcher)

2) beestinger

3) bellows (hamburger stackers)

4) two wet ones bottles

5) modified boy scout frame

6) five side tubes

7) side pole for intake manifold (I still have to cut this down to size once I get the MH parts)

8 ) exhaust port (I still have to cut this down to size once I get the MH parts)

9) elastic straping (2" black)

10) radar dish (4" pitcher lid ** notice the difference when a 4" lid is placed with the items, it looks more accurate to the move along trooper movie pics**)

Posted Image

Posted Image[/code]

I picked up some cheap hardware at Lowes tonight:

For the dish:

1) 1/4" acorn nut for the dish

2) 1/4" x 1" bolt

3) 1/4" fender washers

To hide the exposed screw on the bowl/bottle combo (top main box). This will make it appear like a button on top of the bowl instead of an ugly screw. The pic shows one closed and open:

1) #8 & #10 hinged screw cover.

Posted Image

To plug the holes on the top of the boyscout frame off:

1) 11/16" black nylon hole plug (these were a little tight, 5/8" might be a better choice.

Posted Image