TE helmet assembly question

TD-4510

LOL... ahhh the modern miracle of science... PLASTIC, so versatile, so..... AMUSING AND ENTERTAINING!!!

(OK, now to actually contribute... I know SHOCKING!! )

You could always use automotive door trim for 1/6" thickness if'n you can't find that s-stuff. I've found that eBay is the best source for that!:salute:

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 'S' profile is the correct trim for the neck.It looks like you have the SWR149 which is the same as what SDS uses,and is more rounded than what is used on the originals.I prefer the SWR150 which is more squared off and looks more like on the originals.I'll get a pic up soon of the differences so you can make up your own minds

So the SWR150...Is that much larger than the SWR149. It looks like its a full mm larger...

Its only 23 uh....pence difference between the two.

Has anyone purchased this stuff from over here in the states??

Update: I just wrote them and will find out if USA can purchase shortly....

Thanks for the linkage Seth!

The 'S' profile is the correct trim for the neck.It looks like you have the SWR149 which is the same as what SDS uses,and is more rounded than what is used on the originals.I prefer the SWR150 which is more squared off and looks more like on the originals.I'll get a pic up soon of the differences so you can make up your own minds

So the SWR150...Is that much larger than the SWR149. It looks like its a full mm larger...

Its only 23 uh....pence difference between the two.

Has anyone purchased this stuff from over here in the states??

Update: I just wrote them and will find out if USA can purchase shortly....

Thanks for the linkage Seth!

Mike,

Do you want my "cheapo" neck trim for the time being? TD4063 mentioned door trim - mesa thinks this stuff is "a little" better than that...at least when you finish painting and weathering your bucket (is this a TK or TD helmet?) you can put this on to "finish" it.

Oh, by the way, I'll provide you enough to finish the helmet - so no need to involve your mircowave oven...

I can get it in the mail tomorrow, Saturday Sep 2nd. No charge of course.

T

They do ship to the US, and I stand corrected, it's (149) only 23 pence cheaper per meter. For what you will pay for shipping, you will want to order a lot of it. The "panel thickness" is the side of the trim that goes onto the helmet bottom. The chunkier part is inside the helmet & unseen.

Yeah, I just got this email from sales dept....

Yes we can ship to America

Carriage cost will be £11.00 (approx $18.70)

If you want to order through our secure website I will amend the carriage cost at this end

Available from stock

Regards

Phil Howard

Seals + Direct Ltd

32 Marley Avenue

New Milton

Hants. UK

BH25 5LJ

Tel: 0845 226 3345

Fax: 0845 226 3343

E-mail: sales@sealsplusdirect.co.uk

Web: www.sealsplusdirect.co.uk or www.sealsdirect.co.uk

Sooooooooo, it'll be $7.32 for 1 meter + $18.70 shipping= $26.02

A VERY EXPENSIVE MISTAKE..................

hmmmmm...I will continue looking.

Guns, thanks for the offer of the cheapo stuff, but I am not going cheapo anything on this baby! Your very kind to offer.

I do have to say too, that this "s" trim adds a real solid feel to the helmet.

Update: I just emailed them again....I asked them how much the total would be for 10 meters.....maybe we can do a mass order or something, I dunno.

I've split one of my helmets in the same spot as you have,and I've read other's have had the same problem too.It's prone to cracking due to the shape of the sharp cut there.Now when I trim a helmet,I make that corner rounded so there's no sharp edge to lessen the chance of cracking.Back it up with some spare plastic and E6000,that stuff is soooo good

Did not have much time to play today. I did get the mic tips drilled and gently removed the screens to put a screw in. After I put the screws in I re-inserted the screens and spot super glued them back in. The last shot here is just a test fit. ooooooooooooh, looks nice

On another note. Home Depot here doesnt carry Krylon. I guess its Lowes then? Or Walmart?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

TK4510; I need to get me some trim. if you haven't already ordered i'll send you some. it wont cost me a bean in postage as i'll send it out with my international orders, courtesy of my company.

PM me your address and i'll get it to you as soon as i can.

Simon

TK4510; I need to get me some trim. if you haven't already ordered i'll send you some. it wont cost me a bean in postage as i'll send it out with my international orders, courtesy of my company.

PM me your address and i'll get it to you as soon as i can.

Simon

Now that's what I call INTERNATIONAL COOPERATION!!!

Cheehoo!!!

T

Ok guys the painting is going well....What colr of gray do I use for the trapezoids and tears? I have Humbrol gray 5 serial #A0059 or Testors gray 1138......

This thing is really coming along nicely. I put 6 coats of white on it.

Ok guys the painting is going well....What colr of gray do I use for the trapezoids and tears? I have Humbrol gray 5 serial #A0059 or Testors gray 1138......

This thing is really coming along nicely. I put 6 coats of white on it.

I used Testors 1138 for my TD bucket.

I wanted a nice "clean & neat" look for my TK bucket so I used decals from trooperdecal.com...

T