TE helmet assembly question

TD-4510

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mines not assembled. I will need to cut everything. It never occured to me that most come assembled. I was in a hurry to get it, I guess he tried to get it to me ASAP by not assembling it. Anyway I will need to do this. Anyone have experience trimming the ears?

Trimming the ear caps takes some skill to be done right.My advice is to look at as many reference pics as possible,then trace a rough shape to be cut out.Make sure you cut them out bigger than you want,then it's a case of offering them up and seeing where to take off material.I use a dremel sanding wheel when trimming plastic.Just make sure to have the helmet assembled first

Well..... I havent actually gotten the helmet from him yet,....but he did say it would be unassembled. Maybe he meant something else. The pic he sent me was unassembled. I guess I will find out when it gets here.

I sure hope I am wrong. I already F'd up my AP. Thats why I had to buy this one!!.

So I guess disregard this message until further notice.......

i thought te only ever sold assembled helmets???

The original TE (Matt) generally always sold his helmets assembled. I think Seth was one of the rare exceptions.

The current TE v.2 vender has chosen to sell them as he wishes.

With that said, I've never assembled a TE helmet. But I have assembled at least four AP helmets, all of which were very easy. Take your time!

Well..... I havent actually gotten the helmet from him yet,....but he did say it would be unassembled. Maybe he meant something else. The pic he sent me was unassembled. I guess I will find out when it gets here.

I sure hope I am wrong. I already F'd up my AP. Thats why I had to buy this one!!.

So I guess disregard this message until further notice.......

hmm... if you messed up the AP helmet, I don't know if the TE is going to be any easier. The AP has been cleaned up and altered for easier assembly.

I would have preferred that it was assembled. However, I must say that after jacking up the AP, the TE2 should be easier. I know what not to do now. #1 Stay away from heat guns completely...Thats a big no- no. No matter what anyone says. I will just live with the way its shaped. #2 Cut the eyes out from the inside and steady as she goes there. I left no "space between the lense and the face of the mask. the result was.....

WHOLY CRAP, guess what just landed on my front doorstep....SHEEAAAHHT!!!! gotta go for now, will post pics ASAP!!!!

bottom helmet trim dude.

enjoy the build. take yer time. trim small bits at a time. love the plastic, become one with the dremel, go to the next level of helmet nirvana....there should be a tao of td book out by now surely.

or zen and the art of imperial armour maintenance.

Si

Wow, that is a wierd piece, how long is it? If it's long enough perhaps it's to trim out the bottom opening so you don't scratch your head putting it on and taking it off? Posted Image