Upgraded pack build

Hi,

I've now got my pack "finished" and approved but I'm not happy with it. My self-built frame is both heavy and not totally accurate so I've decided to replace a bunch of pieces.

First up is my new frame. I bought a Tote-em frame on Ebay and now I think I need to alter it a bit...

http://www.walkersontheweb.se/wp-content/shared/mepd/pack-frame.jpg

I have a few questions:

1. If I have read other threads right, I need to first chop off the top part of the frame. Am I right in thinking that I cut it about 1 inch above the middle bar?

2. After cutting, what then becomes the top bar stays on but the lower one is removed and I then add flat pieces for mounting the seed trays to, right?

Thanks for any assistance :)

My current exhaust is one of these ones printed by a friend of mine...

exhaust.jpg

While it's not terrible, I have seen pics of other people's packs that look much better. The pipe section is a bit chunkier and also curved rather than straight...

c4yix6dp.jpg

Does anyone have 3d files for this? Failing that, does anyone sell them?

Thanks as always for you assistance :)

Hey mate, depending on which pack you want to build you will have to remove the lower cross bar (pack#3) or leave it in place to mount the lower seedtray at an angle (pack#1). You may also have to reposition the upper cross bar but I would recommend fitting the seed trays and mortar tube first before you cut down the frame. 

For the exhaust port: I have scratch built mine from a block of wood that I have sanded to shape and just added some plastic piping, also used my heat gun to give it that curve you have mentioned. It's not that difficult.