MH Back-Pack Construction tips

TD-1536

Many of you will soon be assembling new back packs soon, comprised of many parts from myself and Seth. I went ahead and started to make a tutorial to help you all in this endeavor, but I do encourage creativity. While I might suggest something, it does not always mean it's the best way. Regardless, so far, things are working fine for me.

Click here to begin!

10/20/06 - Exhaust Port Housing assembly tutorial added.

3/6/08 - Updated with final build pictures and project's current status.

4/6/08 - Pictures below added.

7/3/09 - Link updated.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Mike for all your help,i will be putting mine together in the next week or so and i know i will be looking at these pics again. i cant wait to get a radio box,the slider switches will work great for my two way radio idea i have,i will be able to use the switches for turning them on and off.The knob i will use for turning the volume up and down on the amplifier.I have big plans for the wiring and speakers also,when i get started i will take pics to show what i am doing..

great tutorial mike, just what a lot of people here and out there needed!

thanks for sharing!

btw.: i can´t see the pictures on:

http://tk1536.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_vie...m&g2_itemId=757

like i can´t see some pictures in your regular picture section on your website!

any thoughts?

Thank Mike, ill can wait to get in progress whit your parts on this.

Rolf, I just double-checked my records and I don't see where you paid for any of the parts? At this point in time, we'll have to wait until the next run as I'm really capped off at the moment.

Rolf, TD252

I got your PM yesterday and I just emailed the person you requested I contact for payment.

Sorry for the late response... I was out with Ms. 1536 last night watching Snakes On A Plane.

Dear Mike,

What size was your pitchers that you used to make the bee Stinger part?

Thanks,

jack vartuli

RedFox@optonline.net

Don't think it matters... I've seen them in two different sizes (IE: hight) and the base is still the same width. The three or four I've worked with all came with five inch tops. I'm no Tupperware expert so I'm not sure if there are any other radically different sizes out there. Good thing is, if you've got a few dollars to throw around, vintage Tupperware is cheap enough to buy off ebay and play with.

The one I used is a 2 quart pitcher and had the 5" lid...

There are pics of it posted in Mike's thread "How to make a cheap bee stinger". It appears to be the same size as Mike's...

Thanks Mike,

I already have one of the smaller ones - like a quart or something. I'm going to pick a second one up on ebay.

Thanks,

jack

Thanks MH and SB for the pack boxes,just got them today and they are super!!!!!! much thicker than they appear in pics,very heavy duty.now finally i can start building my pack,just need one more thing,your radio box and thats it,i will have everything.Super big thanks again for the great stuff!!!!!!!!!!! you guys ROCK.