Update Rebuid pack 4

Bonded Hawk

I have an older pack (i believe dirty boy's) that has served me well. but now I want to update it.  I'm printing a canteen atm.  I also plan to replace the bottles.  im getting tired of repainting them.  are the bottles on this pack still considered correct in size?  I have looked but can't find any measurements. I also plan to use battleship grey if thats correct.  What else should I change, update?  

20210721_120708_copy_477x232_2.jpg

20210721_120720_copy_484x235_2.jpg

20210721_120659_copy_233x479_2.jpg

• Like 2

I would rework more ...

- battleship grey

- new Radar dish (to big)

- radio

- change the cups on the bottles (to small)

- don't glue the ribs direct on the Trays...

and so on...

the dish is an actual pitcher lid.  are the bottles an ok size?  repaint and sticker radio or whole new radio?  Also I'm a little confused about the radio tilt and tape on 4. in the pictures for black pauldron the radio is straight and no tape.  i I am not after swat, just plan on upgrading to officer.  but i would like to get the pack right. 

Screenshot_20210722-195104_Samsung Internet_copy_323x664.jpg

Screenshot_20210722-195059_Samsung Internet_copy_311x639.jpg

Please don't use those old pictures anylonger, they weren't screenaccurate, that's why we have replaced them with new and updated pictures:

http://www.mepd.net/?page_id=908/

http://www.mepd.net/?page_id=908/#

First and foremost, you should always use screencaps as your reference material. 

Have fun with your build / upgrade. :salute:

image.png

Stephen, the pictures are examples of which trooper carried which pack. Especially the old pictures are no longer up to date. Ultimately, how you build it is up to you. If you are not aiming for a PO or SWAT, then it just has to be enough for you, but we all strive to make it as accurate as possible. Therefore, study film images, study WIPs of the individual packs here in the forum, and so on.

Thanks for the replies and clarification.   I have basic approval as a sandy and want to raise myself to PO.  I honestly haven't been on here with any regulatory in a long time.  I had gotten confused with the older pics because I didn't see were they were not valid anymore and was just thinking that the canted radio was just another variant to the #4 pack as seen in the pics under the black pauldron area.

printed canteen.   Waiting on more filiment then I will print new cups and bottles and pack siphon.  When I did the pack I was unaware that there was 2 different size Tupperware lids.  I will be on ebay shortly looking for the smaller one.

20210722_191255_copy_380x380.jpg

printed out the 1st cup and bottle and enlarged it 110% per the designer's directions.  does this look about the right size?  I think it does,  but I am not very good at this type of thing 

20210727_101312_copy_347x347.jpg

20210727_101049_copy_367x367.jpg

• 2 weeks later...