"Look sir, Droids" mannequin display build

MadCowRebel

It all started with this... a scooter part from my first lightsaber build when I was 10 years old!
u2VVX6M.jpg

I've (obviously) been a long time STARWARS fan and have always wanted Imperial armour (of any kind really) and so back a couple years, after building some cheap, less than accurate helmets for practice, I decided to take the plunge and buy an armour kit.

I managed to get my hands on some TE derived (I think?) armour for cheap. I was not exactly impressed with the quaility... Buy once, Buy right kids. 

So after assembling the arm pieces, I shrugged off my dissapointment and let the bumpy, warped lot of it sit in the shop for months... Until now.
jBAkvmx.jpg

I didn't know what to do with it. It wasn't fitting me correctly and I wasn't about to sell it to someone else to be disapointed with it. But after seeing this guy in the background of RS Propmaster's videos I got thinking: "why not use the already less than prestine looking armour I have to make a beat up TD statue?"
fs57vUs.jpg

so I've decided to build it up to fit a manniquin that I will modify RS Props style, to hold the pose of the "Look sir, droids" TD. Since the scooter part ring is steel, I'll be inlaying some magnets in the fingertips of the mannequin to keep the ring in place
QxqkeSw.jpg

gPCLoGV.jpg

As for my own personal armour I'll be buying an RS Props TK kit as soon as I can afford it :) Did I mention I'm a huge fan of RS Props? XD 

I'm not terribly well versed in all the differences between the TKs and TDs so I'm sure I'll be needing some helpful insight when building this one.

I'm placing an order for the rest of the strapping and hardware I need from TrooperBay sometime this week along with the mannequin so I'll post an update when either or arrives. Until then any and all advice is appriciated!

Thanks for checking this project out!

BRLcqtO.jpg

Ok mannequin is on the way along with nearly all the straps I need.

I've been doing a lot of research on building the actual armour (previously I've only seriously studied helmets) and I've been noticing that most everyone builds their armour the "ESB" way (torso clam shell)

KgtvAI3.jpg

I would like to build mine as close to ANH screen used armour as possible. How were they built (if they were built differently) for ANH?

22 minutes ago, troopermaster said:

Check out my build on Facebook to see how the original armour is assembled.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?vanity=TMProps&set=a.2730823383802176

Let me know if you have any questions and I will be happy to help.

Hey TM! I actually already follow you on Facebook, I didn't realize you built yours the same way as originals, I will take another look thanks

5 hours ago, MadCowRebel said:

Hey TM! I actually already follow you on Facebook, I didn't realize you built yours the same way as originals, I will take another look thanks

I build them 2 ways depending on what people want - either screen accurate or practical. I prefer the screen accurate method myself and I encourage others to go the same way if possible. 

Check out all my albums on Facebook. You will find some interesting builds :)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...