Octoarm Backpack #3 build

Octoarm

19 hours ago, Octoarm said:

Ok, so now I have a Shires UP90 :sweat:  That was a lot of work! I guess I’m still not done with it! I’ll need to figure out the system of attaching the plumbers cup and bottle. I’ve got an order of RWA Creations seed trays and plumber cups on the way. I need to look for bottles too

hSCJ1Qk.jpg

Hey mate, that syphon looks immaculate, great work! 

Have a look at my pack#1 build thread to see how I used a long threaded bolt to attach the bottle (don't mind that my Syphon doesn't look as nice as yours:lol:

In my pack#3 build you can see pics of the bottle and how I have used wood and a threaded insert to attach the bottle:

Hope this helps, keep up the great work. 

• Like 1

This is great! Amazing looking packs @Hausi This completely helps, much appreciated. I’ll definitely use your work for reference!  I love what you did with the Sandie Comm too. Where did you hide the pleather surround seam? Underneath one of the sets of feet? 

Another necessary asset secured!  The Tupperware piece is a little yellow, but I figure that it won’t matter after weathering the pack. I decided to just spray paint an old PS 2 game for the backing.

ZWQISJr.jpg

Great find with that tupperware radardish but I am not sure the PS2 game is going to hold up to the rigors of trooping as these cds are quite brittle and that part especially is prone to bump agains things. 

I used a cd as template and cut it out of some 3mm black ABS. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hausi said:

Great find with that tupperware radardish but I am not sure the PS2 game is going to hold up to the rigors of trooping as these cds are quite brittle and that part especially is prone to bump agains things. 

I used a cd as template and cut it out of some 3mm black ABS. 

Good point @Hausi I’ll try what you suggested, thanks 

I used a sanding backer pad to mount my Tupperware radar dish.   6" diameter pads are readily available at most hardware stores and can be painted if you can't find one in black. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bdgr said:

I used a sanding backer pad to mount my Tupperware radar dish.   6" diameter pads are readily available at most hardware stores and can be painted if you can't find one in black. 

That's a good idea too and probably easier than cutting it out of an ABS sheet. :duim:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bdgr said:

Images of the sanding backer that I used before I painted it.

Ooh I like that too!  I like the little raised area in the back of it. I’ll check out Amazon. Thanks @bdgr for the tip and pics!

Wow, these backpacks require a lot of steps!  I’m thoroughly enjoying it though.  I’m probably more excited about building the backpack then the armor kit because I’ve built an OTTK once before. The backpacks look amazing so I knew I had to build it no matter what :yes:  Sandie  Comm kit so far...

JYLk9Uo.jpg

• Like 1

I was a little hesitant about cutting the radio box and converting it into a lid, but I gave it a shot. It worked!  I don’t have any plans for putting stuff in it, but I wanted to have that option. The Sandie Comm kit is another fun project!

7Cdd9Ef.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks again for the tip about the backer pad @bdgr :duim:  I ended up purchasing a 5 inch backer pad not a 6 inch because my Tupperware piece has a diameter of 4 3/8 inches. Is my Tupperware too small?

SXGMK9I.jpg

• Like 1

Hey Aaron, don't worry, it's the right size. :thumbsup:

Yeah, building a pack is a ****load of work but a lot of fun too. :D

Sandiecomms is a great radio as it's the lightest I know and the lighter your pack is, the more comfortable it is to wear. 

• Like 2

I thought It would cool to put a face to my name. I started this build because I love Sandtroopers of course, but I also wanted to get back out trooping again. My original TK I built when I had a few less lbs.  So I decided why not build a TD that will be more comfortable for me now!  The other pics are my TK on display in my home studio and my Star Wars display case.  I live in Cleveland Ohio, USA with my wife and our 2 dogs.  I’m an artist/animator professionally and if you like fan art check out my @octoarm feed over on IG.  Ok I’ll get back to business now :td: 

Oh I can’t forget, thanks for all the info and feedback I have gotten from you guys. It is greatly appreciated and motivating, cheers!

GhawBvq.jpg

• Like 2

Hey Aaron, nice to see the face behind the armor and pack. :salute:

Sandtroopers just look like they mean business, all dirty and loaded with guns and gear... but more comfortable? ;)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Hausi said:

Hey Aaron, nice to see the face behind the armor and pack. :salute:

Sandtroopers just look like they mean business, all dirty and loaded with guns and gear... but more comfortable? ;)

Lol!!! :duim:

Back to it! I got the radio all glued together and painted. I really love that kit!  Finally after a long wait, customs released my order from RWA Creations.  The seed trays and plumbers cups were delivered yesterday! I’ll start working on the Karrimor frame after I get this radio completed...

tCiyqD2.jpg