TK to TD

Jeaz

Hello my  name is Willi, after 5 years being TK, it's now time for me to transform my slowly yellowing TK into a beautiful TD. First i removed all the parts that make up a TK.

shoulderstraps, kneeplate etc.

piecesspj7w.jpg

shoulderhtk5j.jpg

brust48j10.jpg

When I finished that, I also started removing the characteristics of a TK from the helmet and started the oily sandy weathering at the same time. I use burnt umber, yellow ochre and black acrylics.

helmetfront2qjmc.jpg

helmetleftihkg7.jpg

helmetright9sjgr.jpg

helmetbackkaj3e.jpg

dsc_0368zdkpi.jpg

dsc_0367wpki6.jpg

Torso front and arms. 

torsofrontrjjcg.jpg

leftarm33j4q.jpg

rightarm00jpo.jpg

OII

torsobackzvjmq.jpg

Thigh left and right

rightthighezkk8.jpg

leftthigh06j8w.jpg

Lower legs and boots

calfleft27rkrs.jpg

calfleft3cjkgn.jpg

calfleft4qpkq6.jpg

calfright7qjrj.jpg

I know what you're thinking: where is the sniperplate?  Since the photo's are a bit older, this is already mounted and will of course be submitted later. :)

calfright2d4j9a.jpg

calfright3qpkvz.jpg

calfright4d3j2l.jpg

calfleftfljjg.jpg

bootsfrontr7jer.jpg

bootsback8tka3.jpg

bootsinnerside87jrc.jpg

bootsoutsidez8k3z.jpg

That's all for today folks. Criticism and suggestions for improvement are very welcome :duim:

• Like 2

Hi Willi, good to hear that you are joining the dirty side, welcome to the sand pit! :salute:

Your weathering looks already very promising, just a piece of advice: the white parts in between the patches of dirt still look way too white and shiny so I would suggest giving it a wash with some watered-down Vallejo game color earth:

image.png.8cc36518f5722f99c106c61a2898f622.png

Use a brush to apply it and almost immediately dab it off again using some paper towels (Küchenrolle;)). 

Then let it dry and repeat until you are happy with it. 

I've used this technique for all my kits and helmets. 

Have fun weathering! 

Cheers mate

• Like 1

Thanks for the welcome and for the positive feedback Hausi. Will order the color the days. I already got a lot for my pack in this week. A Wip will follow shorty. 

• 4 months later...

Hello folks,
after a long time I finally have time to post my progress again. In the meantime I had not been idle and took Hausi's advice to heart and took away the shine of the armor a little. Unfortunately, the pictures didn't turn out well. I will do new this weekend. The white pauldron is from RWA as well as the sniperplate.

dsc_0072mqjdz.jpgdsc_0073s1kor.jpgdsc_0074apk92.jpg dsc_0075otjd9.jpg dsc_0076j1j0b.jpg dsc_007794kva.jpg dsc_0078phkhl.jpg 

A few weeks ago I was also lucky and was able to bid for a Stolla MP40 and a Lepuschitz magazine pouch that are the same as the Stolla. Unfortunately, one of them was brown. This was colored in several layers with black shoe polish. Unfortunately I don't have this process in pictures ... But hope you can see a bit in the photos above. Detailed pictures in better quality will follow.

dsc_0063nzjtb.jpg dsc_0064xjk3o.jpg dsc_006518jwi.jpg dsc_0066x3jp8.jpg dsc_0067e9kp1.jpg 

With kind regards Jeaz

• Like 1

Since I forgot to take any photos of the creation of my pack # 5, I leave out the WIP. The radio is from Angryape, Seedtrays from RWA and the detail on the right is from Thomas. Big thanks to the three! In the case of the radio, the missing details such as the antenna and the "locks" at the bottom are added later. The basic structure was an original Karrimor totem frame that I found by chance on Facebook some time ago. So enough of the words! Follow pictures.

dsc_0021qkj42.jpg dsc_0022xmk0r.jpg dsc_0023bpjzv.jpg dsc_00244ujxl.jpg dsc_00012wj8r.jpg dsc_00028wj62.jpg dsc_0003q3kb9.jpg dsc_000492jyd.jpg dsc_0005uuj6q.jpg dsc_0006lbj86.jpg dsc_00078bk8a.jpg dsc_0008ugksd.jpg dsc_00099jjxl.jpg dsc_0010p6jju.jpg dsc_00110dj6a.jpg dsc_0012grjmp.jpg dsc_0013sukbt.jpg dsc_0014b5kyo.jpg dsc_0015m7kju.jpg dsc_0016t9kwi.jpg dsc_0017vxk1t.jpg dsc_00187hjat.jpg dsc_0019a2jr3.jpg dsc_0020h3k7r.jpg 

Criticism and suggestions for improvement are welcome!

With kind regards 

Jeaz 

Sorry for my bad english.

Excellent work, Willi, well done. 

Your armor suits you well and the weathering looks very promising too, although I can't really tell because of the rather blurry nature of the pictures but I think some areas still look quite shiny. 

Your pack is amazing, the only flaw I can see is the colour which is too bluish,it's rather supposed to be bluish grey, I always use RAL 7031. 

Keep up the good work, looking forward to seeing some clearer pics of the armor. :salute:

• Like 1

Thanks for the kind words Hausi!  Maybe the clear coat highlighted the blue or my dealer sold me nonsense... will then order new paint the days. If my wife finds the time today, sharper photos will be set tonight.

Hi Willi,

i like your built! Yes, there are some shiny spots on the armor. It could be the exposure of the photos or the incidence of light. If necessary, do a light wash over it again and the problem is solved. RAL 7031 is actually also the right color. Again, it can be due to the camera setting or the light. Did you use a semi-gloss clear coat? You don't actually need it on your backpack. Just take pictures in indirect light or in the shady area (not too dark). Although I think it's because of the camera setting when you look at the lush green lawn and the bright red. I think the pack is well built, great work.

Regards bigwam (Thomas)

• Like 1

As announced, new photos were taken and in better light conditions. Unfortunately, this only makes the RAL appear bluer ...

@bigwam: thanks you too for the kinds words! I use a matt clear coat, because the paint didn't hold up so well without. The 2nd reason why I used the matt clear coat is, that I used it to fix the weathering, which is made of terrarium sand.

dsc_00170bj5v.jpg dsc_00235ujjl.jpg dsc_0026bojn4.jpg dsc_00356uj5d.jpg dsc_00365kkvw.jpg dsc_0040t9kcc.jpg dsc_00486djw9.jpg dsc_0049k2kbb.jpg dsc_0050pmkw0.jpg dsc_005252k0x.jpg dsc_006086jxr.jpg 

with kind regards

Willi

• Like 1

The weathering of your armour looks pretty good while being rather subtle but two things stand out: the helmet and the sniper knee plate. The helmet just needs another wash with some sandcoloured paint, the knee plate on the other hand looks like it isn't weathered at all. :sweat:

The parts on your pack look definitely too blue. Take some pics indoors. 

By the way, I also use abload.de to upload my pics and there's a direct link button, if you use that, the pics will directly be shown in full resolution here. 

• Like 1

Thank's Hausi for the advice. I will do more weathering the helmet and sniperplate. 

More dirt on bucket and sniperplate 

dsc_0001l5j45.jpg

dsc_00028xj05.jpg

dsc_0005t6jqf.jpg

dsc_0006vrjg0.jpg

dsc_000793jyv.jpg

I will add new photos for a better overall picture for the days.

Moin everyone. The thing with the blue shine of the parts did not leave me alone and I contacted my dealer. After a conversation and a few pictures he agreed that he had a mistake in shipping and immediately sent me a replacement. This arrived this morning and it was repainted right away. Now that's the result.

beforaftera6jmo.jpg

ral7031j8k1b.jpg

In the shade

shadow8ykd1.jpg

It looks now right

• Like 1

Hi Willi, now it looks right, good job and also kind of your dealer to send a replacement at no extra cost. 

The weathering on your helmet (that's a Shepperton, isn't it?) and the sniper knee plate look good too. 

Now get the rest of the blue parts painted and submit for Police Officer deployment. :peace:

• Like 1

Thank you Hausi and bigwam! You both were / are a very big help to me! The parts were painted immediately this morning. Now it looks really good. Unfortunately it is raining today and my shooting is canceled. But pictures of the revised pack are there.

with and without flashlight

dsc_00088nj3l.jpg

dsc_000912kry.jpgdsc_0010zxjcy.jpg

dsc_0011omjfi.jpg

• Like 1

New pictures and excuse the tail .... my wife has not seen it and unfortunately I was too late .... But overall it looks better now and I'll make new ones tomorrow and send them out for the standard aproval.

dsc_0004-min71jrs.jpg

dsc_0008-min15k56.jpg

dsc_0009-mindqj98.jpg

dsc_0030-min0ujrc.jpg

dsc_0032-min8tjio.jpg

dsc_0036-minnnkku.jpg

Thanks bigwam for the hint. Hadn't seen that at all. Fixed immediately this morning.

• Like 1