bigwam

Name: Thomas Herodek

Legion ID #: TD-30571

Forum Name: bigwam

Garrison: German Garrison

Trooper Emulated: Roadblock Private with RTC-97

Deployed Police Officer: yes  

Deployed SWAT: yes:

Ok what is there to say. I built a new Sandtrooper and if possible based on a film model. I chose the "Roadblock Private", which is next to the "Move Along" Trooper.

What is special about the trooper? On the one hand he wears the "Davin Felth" helmet, wears (mostly) cheesegraters, has the as yet undefined "Roadblock Pouch" ... Those were things that didn't cause any problems. What were the difficulties? You take a troope from a scene to recreate it as true to the film as possible. There are a few problems with the Roadblock private: on the one hand, he changes gloves (once he has cheesegraters, then normal handplates in the front view) and the breastplate is different in the front view, here too the armor was changed once. What to do? Well, with the gloves I decided on the cheesegraters from the side view and with the breastplate for the front view, but with a slight transition from weathering to side view, that it just goes together.

View from the back: the pouch is over the shoulder. View from the front: the pouch is under the shoulder ...

Difficulties for me are the different versions of the films. Blue-Ray & 4K. Without a doubt, 4k has a sharper image and you can see more details, but a lot has also been "beautified" and other things disappear or are overdrawn. I initially decided on the Blu-ray but took over things from the 4k for certain details.

Here are links to the armor and backpack build reports:

Lets´s go.

This morning, we made the pics. It was very cold .... the leather of hte pauldron was hard. It wasn't exactly round, it kept bending straight through the cold. Please excuse this. You can't really see the fold and kink either, I'll attach an extra picture.

54otn8gm.jpg

The weathering of the Armor is two layers of black wash and three layers of earth wash. The spots are made with black.

p89pez46.jpg

spntozsq.jpg

foqj7men.jpg
pbxjpp3a.jpg
c2b6xem8.jpg

j3h5o6hk.jpg

wdd7x9nm.jpg

x85s83iq.jpg

Welcome to the MEPD Thomas... oh wait... you have been here longer than I have:sweat:

Thank you for your interest in joining the elite for a second time and submitting your request for SWAT OFFICER activation#2.

It really looks like you have put an extreme amount of time and effort into getting your chosen trooper as screenaccurate as possible and I really like your attention to detail.

Your gear is on spot and your emulated trooper is immediately recognizable. But each new or returning SWAT candidate gets looked at even more so from the previous trooper and the bar gets raised even higher.

You are definitely on the right track.

Still we always emphasize patience during this process as we pay more and more attention to fine tuning with each new SWAT applicant. 

I will give your armor a full inspection and review.

Some details may definitely be missed and re-checked, but I will try to catch them on every pass given until you are cleared and ready to join the Special Weapons & Tactics Team for the second time my friend!

I´ve been very busy lately but I have started the review process, so hang in there!

Then let´s get this started…

MEPD SWAT OFFICER: application review part 1

Legion ID#0: TD-30571

ANH Sandtrooper selected: Roadblock Private with RT-97c (cheesegrater handguards version)

Now as you can see, I have added the specific version you are going for in brackets.
There are two version of this Private standing next to the move along Captain, one wearing the cheesegrater handguards and the leather shoulder pouch sitting quite high on his shoulder. This version is actually only seen from the side, one never gets a clear view of the front.
In another shot in this very scene, there is the regular handguard version of this trooper, who is wearing a regular left handguard on his right hand, has the Davin Felth helmet (although with less weathering), the leather shoulder pouch is sitting much lower on his shoulder and he definitely also has another chest as the weathering is quite different but we will get to that later on in the review.

Helmet:

Green lenses: check

Paint color on traps / tears: check

Paint color and number of teeth: check

Mic Tips: check

Vocoder color: check

Rank bar: check

Brow: check

Side Screws (ears): check

Weathering: check

**Additional Comments**

Thomas, you have done an amazing job emulating this iconic and beautiful helmet.:duim: As a side note: adding all these details might not even have been necessary as the helmet of this version of the trooper is only seen from the side on screen and to be honest, it could even be possible that it´s not the same helmet, who knows. However, I would have done the same and I strongly believe that it should be this helmet.

**Result on Helmet**

CHECKED & CLEARED

Armor / Suit Details:

Canvas straps shoulder: check

Neck Seal: check

Black Undersuit: check

Shoulder Bells: check

Biceps: check

Forearms: check

Pauldron: check

Chest / Back Plate: check

Kidney / Butt plate: check

Ab plate / Side Rivets / Cod: check

Strapping: check

Tighs: see comments

Shins / Calves: check

Sniper Plate: check

Boots: check

Gloves: check

Hand plates / Guards: check

Ammo Belt (waist) w/ correct angled edge: check

Ammo Belt (right knee): check

Canvas Belt: check

Pouches: check

Weathering: see comments

**Additional Comments**

You have done an excellent job in building your armor and fitting it to your size. I fits like a glove and suits you very well!

1. Thighs: please show me a picture of the back of your right thigh. I am especially interested in the upper returnedge which is quite specific with this trooper as you see in this picture.
When speaking about returnedges, there´s another one I would like to point your attention to: the upper returnedge on the right forearm. As you can see in the same picture, the returnedge is quite wide which you have included in your build but I think I can even see a little crack there. This isn´t anything I would force you to add… but you might think about it…

thighsweatheringandup1bjdi.jpg

rightforearmthomascomd0jak.jpg

2. Weathering:

Inside of left thigh:
If you look at my comparison pic closely, you will see that there is quite a lot of dirt on this trooper´s left thigh´s inside. Maybe it is there on yours as well but as I can´t really see it, please add another detail pic of this particular part.

thighsweatheringandupemjnt.jpg

Backside of right shoulder bell
While you really matched the pattern on the front very well, I see a different pattern on the back which looks quite characteristic, so please adjust your weathering here to match the given screen reference.

rightbellthomascompdiutjcp.jpg

Backside of left shoulder bell
I see a difference here in the pattern too. In the screengrab, it looks to me as if it was quite dirty and them someone just wiped off the dirt in the middle and left the rest untouched. Please have a look at this comparison and try to recreate the look of it as seen on screen.

comp1differencesleftbjtjir.jpg

Chest
I have to admit that it really makes me sad to point this out but you have picked the chest weathering pattern of the wrong version of this trooper, moreover am I sorry as you have done an excellent job with it.
But if you study this scene very carefully, you can see that the weathering on the chest of the trooper wearing the cheesgrater handguards is different.
So please redo your chest weathering to match that of this version of the trooper.

compchestweatheringdidukd5.jpg

Here´s another image taken from Project 4K77 scene:

img_20210306_111133b6jrv.jpg

**Result on Armor**

PENDING

BACKPACK

Pack#1

Details: check

Weathering: check

**Additional Comments**

Personally I think Pack#1 is one of the nicest packs out there and you recreated it in styleB), nice work my friend. Now please show me if you have added the feet to the radio too (even if they aren´t visible). Just kidding:D.

**Result on Backpack**

CHECKED & CLEARED

WEAPON: RT-97c

**Additional Comments**

If I wanted to be really picky …and mean, I would have to point out that a rubber Hyperfirm blaster doesn´t work as it has a solid barrel:

img_20210306_11141455j4p.jpg

...but that would be really unfair and you have done such great work on that paintjob which even tries to recreate that hollow look so all is good.

**Result on Weapon**

CHECKED & CLEARED

So this was your second first review Thomas, there are quite some changes as SWAT is a challenging but finally rewarding process as you already know and I am absolutely certain that you will successfully overcome these challenges. Some of these changes … well actually most, will be just peanuts to you. As I know you, you will have done these changes in no time to become the second double SWAT-officer in the MEPD. 
Man, I can´t understand how people can be this crazy to have this torture done to them twice in a lifetime.;)

Hausi – MEPD Deployment officer

• Like 1

hello Hausi,

thank you for your first review.

I am honored that you are doing my review, I know that you pay as much attention to detail as I do. Sometimes you can't see the simple anymore if you're just looking for details ... So, let me show some pics. Right forearm, here you can see the thick returnedge:

7lrvhwce.jpg
gcivx7w5.jpg

Right thigh - I made the little "specialty", only my wobbly ass is hanging over it ... (Also the small curve on the left thigh, which you can only see in one picture.)

merrqcqm.jpg

4b3qulw5.jpg

Inside of the left thigh. Here, too, the weather differs depending on the image or resolution. I hope to have found a good mean solution:

ezdbsa4m.jpg

I disagree with the left shoulder bell. You can see on the verse pictures that the bright spot moves, i.e. is a reflection or mirroring:

dh45qjhh.jpg

Here is my Shoulder and comparrison pic:

n2gmtfdp.jpg

And the chest, you are right, it looks good - but it is not the same. i wrote it in my thread - so, i will start it new...

vd6ailcj.jpg

• Like 1

today I took a few of the photos in "Pose". Please have a look if the pose isn't exactly right, unfortunately my wife doesn't really have an eye for it. Unfortunately, my son is sick and couldn't help. But the details that matter should be visible.

gyzcogxn.jpg

8dp686ap.jpg

8389cmz4.jpg

cxi6mmhi.jpg

izduaw4v.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Thomas

Thank you for making the requested adjustments so quickly and providing new pics and thank you as well for being so patient.

I think your wife has done an amazing job in helping you to get the same poses as seen on screen but I know what you are talking about, my wife always gives me “the look” when I tell her that I will be dressing up as a plastic spaceman again and asking her to take some pics.:sweat:

Then let´s get started with the second round of reviewing…

MEPD SWAT OFFICER: application review part 2

ANH Sandtrooper selected: Roadblock Private with RT-97c (cheesegrater handguards version)

Helmet:

**Additional Comments**

**Result on Helmet**

CHECKED & CLEARED

Armor / Suit Details:

Tighs: check

Weathering: see comments

**Additional Comments**

I was quite certain that you have included that specific shape on the upper returnedge at the back of your right thigh but I had to see it nevertheless. Great job mate, wouldn´t have expected anything less from you.

Weathering:

Inside of the left thigh:
Well done, now it looks right.:duim:

Backside of the right shoulder bell:
You really matched the pattern seen on screen very well, spot on perfect.

Backside of left shoulder bell
I agree with you on that spot probably just being a reflection caused by the light.  

Chest
You have done a terrific job in recreating that pattern on the chest. The only thing that I am thinking about is whether you should add another wash of earth to this specific spot, let me show you what I am talking about:

chestcomparisonearthgljdb.jpg

chestcomparisonearthh2hk83.jpg

What do you think, Thomas?

**Result on Armor**

PENDING

BACKPACK

Pack#1

**Additional Comments**

**Result on Backpack**

CHECKED & CLEARED

**Additional Comments**

Man…I really envy you for that Hyperfirm gun.:lol:

**Result on Weapon**

CHECKED & CLEARED

So this was your second second:tongue: review Thomas, there are still some -not a lot though - things to address and think about and I am looking forward to hearing your input.

Hello hausi,

thank you for the comments and the second review. I think you are right and i will put some wash with earth on the spots, that are shown.

Today, it is cold outside, so there is no work around the house and i have time to do this now.

Pics are comming ...

Thanks bigwam

• Like 1

Hey Thomas

I wonder how you get these changes done so quickly…you seem to be extremely keen on becoming the next double SWAT officer.:peace:

Okay, then let´s do this. 

MEPD SWAT OFFICER: application review part 3

Helmet:

**Additional Comments**

**Result on Helmet**

CHECKED & CLEARED

Armor / Suit Details:

Tighs: check

**Additional Comments**

Good to hear that you agree and I think it looks fabulous now and matches the screen references perfectly. Well done!:duim:

**Result on Armor**

CHECKED & CLEARED

BACKPACK

Pack#1

**Additional Comments**

**Result on Backpack**

CHECKED & CLEARED

**Additional Comments**

**Result on Weapon**

CHECKED & CLEARED

So this was your third and probably final review Thomas,

I am absolutely happy with your work and I think your new trooper is another piece of art.
Thank you for making my job so easy mate.

I will now ask my fellow  CS officers if they see anything I might have missed and I hope to get back to you very soon, so stay tuned.

** APPROVED 21/03/2021 **

Thomas, I am very happy to officially activate you as the second SWAT Officer of 2021 and the second one who has ever had this torture done to him twice in a lifetime. And I feel really honored that I was the one to do your review.

Your hard work and your attention to detail on your build has been carefully evaluated and inspected. You have met all the requirements to place you among the MEPD's Finest.

Thank you for your patience throughout this process, I know that it was probably nerve-wrecking for you but it was definitely worth it and you have set a new benchmark for this particular trooper and SWAT in general.

You can now take your place amongst the SWAT Troopers for the second time! Well done bro!

Please submit a picture that you would like to use for your SWAT Profile to Luis (TD-5044 / "SANDMAN TIGUI") to help get you properly processed onto the SPECIAL WEAPONS and TACTICS Unit Members Page.

Congratulations on successfully taking the next step as a proud member of the SANDTROOPER ELITE.

Welcome aboard, SWAT OFFICER # 57 :td: