Bicep hooks... acceptable for Police Officer and SWAT?

JollyRajR

Hi all. My eventual goal is to try for SWAT. At the very least, this kit is getting upgraded to Police Officer status. I've had all the gear (pack, etc) and trooped that way, but I'd like to make it official with my revamp of my armor.. 

I was going to E-6000 my shoulder bell elastic to the edge of the biceps like I did on my original kit, but a friend who has several centurion level TKs through FISD asked if I'd ever run bicep hooks.. I'd seen them in the movie, but didn't figure that Sandtroopers got them. But, as with many things, we make some concessions for wearability, durability, and so on.. At the expense of absolute screen accuracy.. And, I'm totally on board with that.. 

But, if I add the ABS bicep hooks, would that be something I'd get dinged for on a police officer or SWAT application? I figured I'd give them a try since it was a new concept to me.. 

Thanks for any information y'all can send my way.

Raj, TD-92688

Southern California Garrison, Orange County Squad

Hello Raj, I had already thought about that. On the one hand, many stortroopers have these hooks so that the biceps don't slip, on the other hand, I've never seen them on sand troopers. I also studied the film images after my biceps kept sliding down a bit. But I didn't find any hooks:

sokfe7cw.jpg

At that time I still put the hooks on and tore them off at the first troop because they got stuck on the backpack straps.

I still found it uncomfortable and fixed the sliding biceps like this (you couldn't see it and it holds):

n77davot.jpg

But to answer your question: when you do SWAT, you are emulating a certain TD. So if you are looking for a TD where you can clearly see There are  no hooks - like the "Move along" and the "Private" here on the pic, then you must not use any (visible) hooks.

Yeah, that makes sense. Our troopers were the first in the filming, so the stormtroopers got changes based, I'm sure, on the experiences of the actors. And, I didn't think about the backpack straps! That would be super annoying. Sounds like I'll be doing a little E-6000 for a section of the strap to my bicep like last time. I like your strap retainer, but I think my bicep pull is enough that I need more surface area to anchor things.. 

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate it.