Possible new TD, advice needed please

Hi, 

I have been building my Sandy from a set of anovos armour (aside from helmet and shins, which are both RWA). 

I think I'm pretty much there, but would appreciate some feedback from people who know more than me. 

I'm not convinced my chest plate is big enough, and my thighs seem to have a mind of their own. 

Any tips/criticism/general feedback on the fit is appreciated 

Thanks in advance! 

5kdk3jZ.jpg

PtnBGav.jpg

This last pic was after I'd been wearing it for a while and things seem to have wandered all over the shop.... 

CSO6KMd.jpg

Cheers, 

Doug

Hey Doug great kit!

The right thigh could do with coming up a bit to match the left. A popper on the strap that holds it on your belt may help.

Can't quite tell from your pics but do your shoulder bells have straps around the bottom? Also do your biceps attatch to the shoulders at all?

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

19 minutes ago, pioneer2184 said:

Hey Doug great kit!

The right thigh could do with coming up a bit to match the left. A popper on the strap that holds it on your belt may help.

Can't quite tell from your pics but do your shoulder bells have straps around the bottom? Also do your biceps attatch to the shoulders at all?

Thank you! 

Yes to both of the shoulder questions, I think I need to shorten the strap between the bell and the bicep. It does slip down a fair bit. 

I need to shorten the right thigh strap a bit, a popper on the belt to help stop it sliding round is a clever idea, thanks. 

17 minutes ago, pioneer2184 said:

The shins can be held in place by either a popper or velcro to the top of the boot. Or a piece of foam inside the shin if needed

There's some velcro from the anovos kit at the top of the boot, but I think something stronger might be in order. I hadn't considered a popper, that's a great idea :)

Cheers, 

Doug 

• Like 1

Looking great! I don’t think the chest is too small at all. The closer you can get your shoulder bells to the shoulder strap the less black undersuit shows, which can help diffuse the illusion that the chest is too small.

Also I know on my Anovos helmet the black rubber brow gasket was not glued in well, and had a tendency to sag. I would maybe try and get your brow line pulled up a little and glued down with some dots of E6000. (There’s a general preference for higher brows round here lol. Could be the iconic roadblock trooper has a very high brow.)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRwptW3FZXN3k1oKQL3KTy6SG4yu5CAtW03Ng&usqp=CAU

I have attached my thighs to a belt and also wear it with suspenders, so nothing slips.

Not absolutely necessary for basic but change the gloves and handguards for rubber gloves and latex parts. It just looks better.

Is this an elastic band, between Chest and back?

11 hours ago, mikelbrierly said:

Looking great! I don’t think the chest is too small at all. The closer you can get your shoulder bells to the shoulder strap the less black undersuit shows, which can help diffuse the illusion that the chest is too small.

Also I know on my Anovos helmet the black rubber brow gasket was not glued in well, and had a tendency to sag. I would maybe try and get your brow line pulled up a little and glued down with some dots of E6000. (There’s a general preference for higher brows round here lol. Could be the iconic roadblock trooper has a very high brow.)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRwptW3FZXN3k1oKQL3KTy6SG4yu5CAtW03Ng&usqp=CAU

Thanks for the reply

How can I move my bells in?

If I shorten the strapping at the top it pulls my shoulder straps outwards rather than my bells inwards

4 hours ago, pioneer2184 said:

Awesomeemoji106.pngemoji106.pngemoji106.png good tips from mike there too.

From the look of your background i'd say you are in the UK?

Yarp, I'm in the UK, in Berkshire (well known for its deserts :)

1 hour ago, bigwam said:

I have attached my thighs to a belt and also wear it with suspenders, so nothing slips.

Not absolutely necessary for basic but change the gloves and handguards for rubber gloves and latex parts. It just looks better.

Is this an elastic band, between Chest and back?

There is an elastic strap, should there not be one? It's poppered at both ends so easy enough to lose it if I need to. 

Gloves are now on the shopping list, thanks

Do you mean a harness that goes over your shoulders to stop the belt sagging? That's a nice idea. 

Cheers, 

Doug

7 minutes ago, HugeBadWolf said:

Do you mean a harness that goes over your shoulders to stop the belt sagging? That's a nice idea. 

Cheers, 

Doug

Yes, i mean this. In Germany we say "Hosenträger"  :peace:

wnxij8l7.jpg

And yes, a elastic strap from Chest to back is right

Haha I love that massive picture of a dude in suspenders/bracers/hosenträgers :lol:

And to answer your question "How can I move my bells in?" Here is a method I used to prevent the elastic from being pulled outwards.

ZioBeSn.png

I added a plastic grid between two layers of white elastic. This gave them more tensile strength while still appearing as fabric. (The bottom strap on the pic on the right is the one I was replacing, hopefully that's not confusing)

I think I got mine at Hobby Lobby

https://www.hobbylobby.com/Yarn-Needle-Art/Needle-Arts/Plastic-Canvas/Square-Plastic-Canvas-Shapes---4-1-4"/p/34720

After adding those to my kit, I was able to get them in a lot more - (pre-dirty build pic)

IMG_2070_zpsnkayzps6.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi Doug,

Some little things to change, if you will start a PO-Request:

svetyrzx.jpg

- No more than 1/2 inch (12,7 mm) gap on either side

- No canvas pouches for the hips!

- A total of 6 brass split rivets with three on the Abdomen and three on the kidney. The rivets have a diameter of 8 mm and have to be painted white. Rivets are equally spaced out along the lenth of the armor and abouth 10 mm from the edge.

- Look, that the straps are not visible (here they are over the armor or you can see snaps)