Private Area - new TD built

bigwam

I've been working on the eyes for the past few days. I used film and original images as a template. To get the right "look", I took different pictures and brought the faceplate into position to compare it. So I am satisfied with it.

5l2ywpa3.jpg
bco4vuju.jpg
zfkyi4l6.jpg
yw65yr34.jpg
lws2jl7u.jpg
  • Like 1

Today's task was - and yes, you can spend a whole Sunday there - to cut your ears to fit. Intentional quirks, gaps, misalignment and "hang". The left ear hangs significantly lower than the right:

u94w5mqk.jpg
49k6plcq.jpg
pwtc39ia.jpg
fajno4dc.jpg

• Like 1

The prop builders probably put these together in a hurry and they were wonky and not very tidy with all those gaps... and then we painstakingly try to recreate all those flaws... isn't this crazy?:D

Great work Thomas and a keen eye for all those little details. 

• Like 1

Today I painted the tubestripes and attached the rubbers and mounted the mictips. With the frontal picture, the perspective is not quite right, I had to stretch the picture with my helmet a bit so that it matches the other one. That's why the left mictip is a bit downwards.

hpuuygmy.jpg
47u33j2z.jpg
u79qzxar.jpg
p294ceqj.jpg
irj5xnrb.jpg
qd6bxxzu.jpg

• Like 1

The seat of the left Mictip didn't leave me alone. Once more pictures are printed out, helmet pushed into position and compared. Conclusion: Mictip moved 5 mm down, was too high.

d28qb4vt.jpg
vqido5jn.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I started today with helmet weathering. A basic wash with Vallejo black, heavily thinned, then applied the accents. Now let it dry and do another wash with Vallejo tierra earth.

ktt5mswe.jpg
k68vybqz.jpg

• Like 2

I think I’ll need to ask for your help when I start to weather my move along sandy. Replicating the chest weathering has been a question I’ve had for quite some time. Looks like you’ve got it down to a science

• 2 weeks later...