Question about backpack requirement for Police Officer

4Runner

I've asked this question before, but I'm unsure I've asked it correctly.

According to what I see on the CRLs, there are some sandtroopers who do not wear a backpack.

Does this mean you can copy those troops and apply for police officer and be approved without a pack?

I do plan to eventually build a pack, but I'd like to get basic approval as a police officer and am willing to copy one of those troops not wearing a pack...

Can someone answer this question definitively for me? Thanks so much!

Peter

TK-33348 Centurion ANH Hero

TD-33348 Sandtrooper

For PO - Level 2 - you need a backpack. The normal sandtrooper wears a Backpack. If you will emulate a certain Trooper without Backpack, this is only for Level 3.

But for PO - Level 2 - you need a Backpack, like the standard Sandtrooper in the Movie.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/20/2020 at 12:15 PM, 4Runner said:

Does this mean you can copy those troops and apply for police officer and be approved without a pack?

Nope. 

Level 1 - Plain old sand trooper. Pack not required.
Level 2 - Pack required even if the trooper does not have a pack on screen.
Level 3 - Cannot be level three unless you have been approved for level 2.  You cannot jump from Level 1 to Level 3.

This is why I am still plain old sandy.
If I want to be PO (Level 2)- even though Captain Roadblock V2 has no pack, I still have to build a pack. Pack is required in order to be approved for P.O. (Level 2)
In order to be SWAT (Level 3) - I would have to have the PO designation first.  So I would still have to build a pack, because in order to be SWAT (Level 3) you have to have completed and be approved as P.O. (Level 2)

This was how it was explained to me. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 12/5/2020 at 3:06 AM, Hausi said:

And that's absolutely correct. :duim:

Hi, Hausi:

I have a few follow up questions regarding my sandtrooper backpack and Police Officer approval.

Can I build any backpack from the list of approved ones and create a random sandtrooper with backpack?

I really like my weathering as is, and have no plans for SWAT. Attached is a picture of my build thus far without backpack.

1072FDD1-B645-4537-878E-5C59A192EDD9_1_102_o.jpeg

• Like 1