*Proper* stormtrooper doctrine?

bad aim

• 5 months later...

As far as the proper "method" of walking and brandishing your weapon... walk like you have a PURPOSE, and hold that weapon like you MEAN IT, you're the badest S.O.B. on the entire planet and you should let EVERYONE know it from them just looking at you without you saying ONE WORD to 'em!

in my opinion, its the modest troopers one should be wary of, like me :P

Us UKG boyos never ever ever take the lid off unless we're in an area away from the public. we're never allowed to surrender our weapon and everything is Imperial business. period. it's great hearing some of the things that get said to kids asking the gun question.

"i didn't go through the imperial training facility to give my weapon over to a rebel sir"

or

"this weapon is bigger than you sir, i can't allow it to fall into the hands of a jawa"

the little ones that cry, we simply walk away only to find that five minute later they're kicking our shins.

the best one for me is approaching a mum with a couple of kids in a pram and asking "how long have you had these droids ma'am?"

if all else fails everything is "imperial business"

One of our bikers was asked where his speeder was, to which he replied

"in the parking lot with all the other speeders sir" only for a TK to approach and say "actually it was stolen by an Ewok" the kids don't quite know what to ask once the inter imperial bickering starts

the best one for me is approaching a mum with a couple of kids in a pram and asking "how long have you had these droids ma'am?"

Ahhh! That one always gets a laugh! I started doing it last year, and I'm still not sure if I heard someone else do it first, or just read it somewhere.

I've found that I have slowly been developing a spiel of catch phrases and verbal skits that I'll work into a troop. Last troop I was at, I was the only TD there, and the only armor period for a good part of it (dang rebels were everywhere though); gave me a huge chance to work my 'material' as people would only be asking me questions or wanting to talk to me.

i've only taken my bucket off in public once, and that was when i started to overheat and would have fallen over before i made it out of sight.

with my E-11, i ususally go for blaster held high across my chest, or low at my waist. almost always 2 handed, one on the handle, one under the barrel. left handed since i'm a lefty and i revel in any chance to do what is natural AND be screen accurate while i'm at it

with my mg-15 2 handed is just implied. i carry it barrel down to the floor, but ready to snap up quickly for a photo.

i don't really stand guard when in the TD... i stay moving, like i'm looking for something. if vader passes by i'll snap to attention.

i tend to be the trooper that doesn't talk much. i ususally don't even bring / hook up my amp. really i tend to act an awful lot like boba but in a different outfit, which is something i've been working on.