Asking help to figure out steps to take

micahman6525

Hello, my name is Micah and I am located in Virginia.
My final goal is to be a part of my Garrison (Garrison Tyranus) and my local squad (Sienar Squad) and join the MEPD and get 501st approved. But I'm not quite sure on the steps I need to take to make all that happen. Realistically I see myself aiming for either Enlisted Alley/Falcon take off V1 or No Rank Docking Bay 94 V1. So from what I can tell I get/make the armor, then I go get approved by my garrison, then 501st approved to get my ID, and after that apply for police officer? Or do I have to get approved as a regular TK and upgrade from there?I'm not sure on the order of things and any help/ guidance would be more than appreciated. Thank you:)

Hallo Micah,
Für ein basic approval und auch alle anderen Level gibt es CRL´s, nach denen Du den Trooper bauen kannst (sollst):

https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TD_sandtrooper

For basic and PO you should choose a trooper with pauldron (rank), as this is required. You don't need a backpack for basic, but it is necessary for PO. You can do the special TD "no rank" at level 3.

You don't have to build a normal Stormtrooper to upgrade it. You can and should build a sand trooper right away, as the armor is also different.

The suppliers of kits already have Sandtrooepr on offer. It is best to find out from members where you can best buy a kit from you. Here in Europe there are, for example, Troopermasters, RS-Props, RWA-Creations or DA-Props.

You can of course get help for building armor here. There are plenty of illustrated threads here that are into building it. You can also ask questions at any time and about any step. Here you will be helped gladly and safely.

Best Regards bigwam

26 minutes ago, bigwam said:

Hallo Micah,
Für ein basic approval und auch alle anderen Level gibt es CRL´s, nach denen Du den Trooper bauen kannst (sollst):

For basic and PO you should choose a trooper with pauldron (rank), as this is required. You don't need a backpack for basic, but it is necessary for PO. You can do the special TD "no rank" at level 3.

You don't have to build a normal Stormtrooper to upgrade it. You can and should build a sand trooper right away, as the armor is also different.

The suppliers of kits already have Sandtrooepr on offer. It is best to find out from members where you can best buy a kit from you. Here in Europe there are, for example, Troopermasters, RS-Props, RWA-Creations or DA-Props.

You can of course get help for building armor here. There are plenty of illustrated threads here that are into building it. You can also ask questions at any time and about any step. Here you will be helped gladly and safely.

Best Regards bigwam

Thank you!  can I start working on an orange pauldron trooper? Or do I have to start with a no rank trooper/ black pauldron first?
For the CRL it lays out all the different items in general, but do I choose one of the specific troopers to replicate and go from there? (like one of the black pauldron troopers with a DLT 19?)

I am wanting to have a DLT-19 with my trooper, I have no preference on rank. What specific trooper do you recommend building to eventually try becoming a PO?

So when I have a costume put together, who do I go to first second and third? my garrison, MEPD, or 501st?

Sorry that my thought are all over the place, I have so many questions and I am lost on where to start because I don't want to make any mistakes.

You must start with no rank, after some months you can be a private with black Pauldron, than after a year a sergeant ... no, it's a joke.
You can built what you want.

For PO, you don´t must emulate a specific trooper. You can use the Pauldron you want, the weapon, you want ... all is possible.

You are already registered in the MEPD. Here you can expect help with armaments construction. When everything is ready, you submit the finished costume to the GMO of your garrison. Then you are basic approved. If you want to do Levvel 2, i.e. PO, pay attention to these special features already during construction:

If you have met all requirements, you can create a thread in the PO section.

However, if you want to reach level 3, i.e. SWAT, you should choose a specific trooper before building, so that you can go specifically on him while building. Everyone seen in the film de Trooper has certain characteristics to look out for. Therefore, choose one, study it and pay attention to the details while building it.

6 hours ago, bigwam said:

You must start with no rank, after some months you can be a private with black Pauldron, than after a year a sergeant ... no, it's a joke.
You can built what you want.

For PO, you don´t must emulate a specific trooper. You can use the Pauldron you want, the weapon, you want ... all is possible.

You are already registered in the MEPD. Here you can expect help with armaments construction. When everything is ready, you submit the finished costume to the GMO of your garrison. Then you are basic approved. If you want to do Levvel 2, i.e. PO, pay attention to these special features already during construction:

If you have met all requirements, you can create a thread in the PO section.

However, if you want to reach level 3, i.e. SWAT, you should choose a specific trooper before building, so that you can go specifically on him while building. Everyone seen in the film de Trooper has certain characteristics to look out for. Therefore, choose one, study it and pay attention to the details while building it.

Is there three levels of ranking? I know there is PO and SWAT, but is there just a regular Sandtrooper? and you're saying for a PO I can have mix the different pauldrons, blasters, pouches, field packs? but for SWAT you need to adhere to the specific combinations?  Like the ones Pandatrooper posted in the Sandtrooper Armor forum? Thank you Thomas for helping me understand all my questions!

1 hour ago, micahman6525 said:

Is there three levels of ranking? I know there is PO and SWAT, but is there just a regular Sandtrooper? and you're saying for a PO I can have mix the different pauldrons, blasters, pouches, field packs? but for SWAT you need to adhere to the specific combinations?  Like the ones Pandatrooper posted in the Sandtrooper Armor forum? Thank you Thomas for helping me understand all my questions!

Hi Micah.  Yes, there are three levels.  The basic level (level 1) is a regular sandtrooper.  You have a lot of freedom with how you put it together  - check out the CRL on the 501st page.  Sign up at the 501st -  http://www.501st.com/members/join_form.php  . Once it is built, send pics to your garrison GML.   Your GML will contact 501st and approve your costume (or they will get back to you with required improvements/adjustments).  After that, you can apply here at MEPD for PO (level 2) and then SWAT (level 3).  Of course, the best way to do it is to document your build here at MEPD - you will get feedback and help with your build so you won't need to do any improvements at approval time.  ;)

For level one, a few things are optional (like a backpack) but keep in mind what you will eventually need if you are planning on going for SWAT (that is the level where emulating a specific trooper is applicable).

Hope that helps a bit.

As Greg says:

- basic: you can build a sandtrooper according to the crl as you want. No matter which pauldron, which weapon, which poiuches, which weathering - you don't need a backpack yet.

- Level 2 (Police officer): You can build a Sandtrooper however you want. No matter which pauldron, which weapon, which pouches, which weathering. From now on you need a backpack and have to adhere to the CRLs for the PO to be closer to the film model.

- Level 3 (SWAT): You emulate a specific sand trooper from the film and recreate it in every detail: Weathering, pauldron, weapon, pouches, backpack. But with all the details, just like in the film. Under certain circumstances with damage, ducktape, etc.

• Upvote 1