T-21 paint job and sight?

Is the T-21 supposed to be painted all black or should there be other colours? If so, where and what? I’ve seen lots of variants but no clear guide. The one on the crllooks all black with wooden stock and grip.

Also, the crl says ”Sight shall be present on top where ribbing meets base” but no info on what it should look like...

Thx

• Upvote 1

You know, I am actually also in the process of putting my T-21 together, and am kinda confused about the CRL also.   I painted my stock and pistol grips with a wood wash, because, well, its wood.  I have seen 2 different rear sights.  The one in the CRL looks like a bit of old phone cord, while the 2nd looks like some kind of "half-moon" greeble.  

Also, that cable running alongside of the barrel.....  what happens to it on the other side?  

Generic-t21.jpeg

Also still looking for an official guide to if the stock and pistol grip should be wood effect or plain black. I've seen several who have painted the fins just before the main barrel in gold. Any comments on that?

t21-fins.jpg

3 hours ago, 5573 said:

Here is the image. Can anyone comment on the accuracy of the part?

t21.jpg

This isnt very accurate in general. There is no sight, just a little bit of curly phone wire, furthermore is the heat shield/handguard around the barrel wrong as this was clearly some cable or small diameter hose wrapped around the barrel, not corrugated pipe as with the above pictured blaster. 

For the actual colours of the gun itself, have a look at some Lewis Gun pictures as this was used. Those WW1 machine guns had buttstock and grip made of wood but it's possible that the prop guys just painted it black as wood doesn't look very sci-fi. 

That is about right, I would still recommend looking at pictures of real Lewis Guns and giving it a more complex paintjob than only spraying it black. Gold fins, mixture of brass and gunmetal for the barrel, a wash with black to emulate some grime and dirt... Having a wood-coloured grip and stock and then dusting it over with some satin-matte black spraypaint may sound crazy, I know:sweat: but it will finally add so much more realism to your gun.